• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That’s rich coming from Checo, given that he drove Racing Point’s pink Mercedes to a couple of podiums himself ;)

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bottas & Lewis bringing the laughs.

Screenshot 2023-03-10 at 9.37.15 AM.png

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Franz Tost: “The engineers tell me we make some good progress but I don’t trust them anymore, I just want to see the laptime because this is the only thing that counts.”

Ouch.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Franz Toast seems to be a better fit for Ferrari than Vasseur, based on how their cars usually end up

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I do not believe that Alpine is within half a second of Red Bull

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have nothing to say in defense of McLaren, although I’m surprised at what some of you think about Lando.
I don't know about his attitude and temperament. I always read that he's a good dude with the team and in the garage. Perhaps that's all McLaren pr spin, but I don't know.

As for his driving, I don't know how anyone can look at his wimpy, take-no-chances style and be inspired. His pattern last year was to always qualify worse than he practiced and then finish worse than he qualified. I just don't see the push-the-envelope edge that makes a championship driver. I'm guessing he's just biding his time to get a seat in a car that will win for him. Sadly for him, I think that window closed after last year. There are other shiny young things coming along that top teams will look at ahead of Lando.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not the greatest timing to mount a Lando defense as he just committed an unforced error to knock himself out of Q1, but….

He’s been “best of the rest” two years running and the only driver to podium in the super top heavy 2022 season. He does have a consistent, metronomic style, but that style allowed him to far outdrive the abilities of his **** car last year. Maybe that seems wimpy to some, and he certainly doesn’t slice and dice as excitingly as others, but….i find it hard to criticize the outcome when he consistently and predictably exceeds the expectations of his car and team.

He’s probably not the next Max Verstappen, i agree, but i think any team would be perfectly happy with a driver that gets their fifth or sixth fastest car over the line fourth

yorkshire pud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know about his attitude and temperament. I always read that he's a good dude with the team and in the garage. Perhaps that's all McLaren pr spin, but I don't know.

As for his driving, I don't know how anyone can look at his wimpy, take-no-chances style and be inspired. His pattern last year was to always qualify worse than he practiced and then finish worse than he qualified. I just don't see the push-the-envelope edge that makes a championship driver. I'm guessing he's just biding his time to get a seat in a car that will win for him. Sadly for him, I think that window closed after last year. There are other shiny young things coming along that top teams will look at ahead of Lando.
Who exactly?

Schwazer

Reaction score
Norris is probably biding his time for a top car.

Then he can probably do a Bottas or Perez type season with a few wins.

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Norris is probably biding his time for a top car.

Then he can probably do a Bottas or Perez type season with a few wins.

Yeah. Three years ago, I was a huge fan. Today, I just don't see him having that "it" factor to ever become a champion. I, however, could see him being a reliable #2 driver on a top team.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ok, now THAT was a wimpy Lando performance.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Poor Leclerc...
It's like Ground Hog race day.

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I'm going to root for a legacy British team, I might as well switch my allegiance over to Williams. At least, they have some heart and character and seem to be trying. McLaren just wants to do well enough to sell some more supercars. It's sad. I've been a fan for 30 years, and it's just effin' sad.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It was a special day for Mike Krack

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads