• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mostly when they start banging on about how awesome and wise the financier/investor Toto Woolf is, or how Mercedes-Benz is the "greatest" automobile brand in the World, that's how you latch on to these guys 🤣

Maybe that's just me, I hate money people like Woolf and Stroll, slimy b@stards the pair of them.

I mean when Benz drivers start slagging off Horners 'pop star' wife, that’s not sport for me, it's just weird hater sh*t.
Ok. I’d never seen these posts but then again I don’t read everything on this site.

im neutral on Toto. Maybe I just enjoy how he sounds like Arnold Schwarzenegger, who’s one of my favorite people. He at least is smart enough not to outwardly radiate evil like Helmut or Stroll do.

and who dares to slag off our sweet little Ginger Spice??

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Serious question : where are you finding the constant Mercedes fanboying?
Exactly...

1663111023008.png

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am happy to declare my allegiances. I’ve been watching/following F1 for 30+ years, which until relatively recently required some considerable effort and expense in the US.l. I attended my first race in 1997 at Silverstone.

My favorite drivers are Senna, Schumacher, and Hamilton. I think Lewis has the best of both and more. I think he’s the best driver in my lifetime.

I respect Max’s ability immensely, and if he continues as he has this year, it will be great for the sport. If he reverts to 2021-spec in the heat of battle, it will be a shame. Alonso is a wizard, and I just wish he weren’t who he is off the track. His talent deserved more success. The current Ferrari boys are both fine by me, but I like Sainz more. Can’t stand Lando. Kimi at McLaren was incredible. He didn’t really earn the 2007 title IMO, but he should have won one with McLaren, so it balances out karmically. I got bored of the Kimi show in the later years, but I appreciated his genuine love of racing.

Toto, like most rich, powerful men, is a dick. Undeniable. Horner, however, is a smug prick. I would probably work for Toto, though, and I would get fired for punching Christian.

Ferrari have too much influence, and they are difficult to root for unless you like the driver(s). RBR are tainted by their leadership. The current incarnation of McLaren fails to live up to the history of the team. Ron was unbearable, but for a while McLaren were the epitome of F1 to me.

Loved JYS forever, but he’s shown his ass in later years, so I now ignore him and try to focus on the good stuff. Mario. Niki. Moss. Emmo. Mika.

I’m just rambling at this point, but I also want to note how much admiration I have for Damon in hindsight.
Senna was the guy who got me into F1 and Mclaren, and I’ve never wavered since, apart from a brief dalliance with BMW Williams and Juan Pablo Montoya (who was probably the original honey badger) as they tried to take the fight to Michael Schumacher, my least favorite driver of all time.

Senna eventually moved to Williams, and I thought it couldn’t get any worse, until San Marino ‘94, when….it did get worse.

i haven’t been fully into it every year, but over time I have come to appreciate Lewis (the unquestioned GOAT in my mind), Damon Hill (for taking no **** from Schumi and eventually beating him), Seb and Kimi.

of the significant drivers I’ve seen, the only one I actively root against (besides Schumi) is Fernando Alonso. Although I’d also mention Grosjean and Mazepin as the two drivers who I believed had no business on the grid and made the sport more dangerous for everyone

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Senna was the guy who got me into F1 and Mclaren, and I’ve never wavered since, apart from a brief dalliance with BMW Williams and Juan Pablo Montoya (who was probably the original honey badger) as they tried to take the fight to Michael Schumacher, my least favorite driver of all time.

Senna eventually moved to Williams, and I thought it couldn’t get any worse, until San Marino ‘94, when….it did get worse.

i haven’t been fully into it every year, but over time I have come to appreciate Lewis (the unquestioned GOAT in my mind), Damon Hill (for taking no **** from Schumi and eventually beating him), Seb and Kimi.

of the significant drivers I’ve seen, the only one I actively root against (besides Schumi) is Fernando Alonso. Although I’d also mention Grosjean and Mazepin as the two drivers who I believed had no business on the grid and made the sport more dangerous for everyone

Late 90’s, early 00’s my wife was an event planner. She managed events for drug companies at CART & PGA events. I tagged along a few times as she had free reign, full VIP access. Juan Pablo made it a point to stop by and say “hi” at more than one event. She still mentions it occasionally. It’s her version of @Texasmade high school letter jacket.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Late 90’s, early 00’s my wife was an event planner. She managed events for drug companies at CART & PGA events. I tagged along a few times as she had free reign, full VIP access. Juan Pablo made it a point to stop by and say “hi” at more than one event. She still mentions it occasionally. It’s her version of @Texasmade high school letter jacket.
Don’t forget my varsity stat line of 1 sack, 1 TFL, 1 solo tackle, and 1 FF.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Latifi interview at viaplay:”de vries his debute wasn’t that special. The car is good in defending, so if you start in front and stay there it works out.”
😂

He’s placed 21st in a field of 20 drivers due to de vries actually getting points for his now one time foray into f1…

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Latifi interview at viaplay:”de vries his debute wasn’t that special. The car is good in defending, so if you start in front and stay there it works out.”
😂

He’s placed 21st in a field of 20 drivers due to de vries actually getting points for his now one time foray into f1…
🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope you guys don't mind the occasional non-f1 motorsport post. Porsche's new 963 to compete in endurance racing starting next year in the Hypercar class at Le Mans, Sebring, Daytona, etc. Looking forward to seeing it action.

por_963_dayt_22_12.jpg

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I hope this new class will prove competitive. It's promising with BMW, Ferrari, Porsche, Peugeot, and Toyota.

Schwazer

Reaction score
I hope you guys don't mind the occasional non-f1 motorsport post. Porsche's new 963 to compete in endurance racing starting next year in the Hypercar class at Le Mans, Sebring, Daytona, etc. Looking forward to seeing it action.

View attachment 1833028

Great to see Porsche. Who will be driving for them?

Wonder if they will get Bamber, Hartley and Hulkenberg again as they are all still young.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I noticed this para in a linked article on same official PR site:

The drivers selected for the races in the World Endurance Championship and the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship include the experienced works drivers Kévin Estre (France), Michael Christensen (Denmark), André Lotterer (Germany), Laurens Vanthoor (Belgium), Matt Campbell (Australia), Mathieu Jaminet (France) as well as the accomplished sportscar drivers Dane Cameron (USA) and Felipe Nasr (Brazil).
I’m only familiar with Kevin Estre

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I know Lotterer, Cameron, and Nasr, too.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A final agreement between Nyck de Vries and AlphaTauri is close at hand. When Gasly's transition to Alpine is finally completed, De Vries will become his replacement at Red Bull's sister team. Next year two Dutchmen in Formula 1.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads