• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I love F1. But **** those prices.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Sounds like what an easy mark would say. :)

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So the Miami GP is, in case you didn’t know, going to be held in a massive parking lot around Hard Rock/Dolphins stadium. I am well acquainted with the place from many tailgates, but didn’t think it actually had the footage to do a legit track. And it looks like a legit track, with 18 turns and a couple of massive straights that will be muy entertaining.

But this is what the early construction looked like during the Dolphins home game. I’m still trying to decide whether this is awesome or a massive **** show:

68DCC18C-F674-4640-A98E-C8544D677BF3.jpeg

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Racing in a parking lot is a **** show unless it's karting.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Definitely can't say I'm excited by a parking lot grand prix but it's early days. Anyway, I'm more partial to attending the Canadian GP again next year as it's a great city and normally priced reasonably.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It certainly doesn't look promising...

1635905827963.png

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It certainly doesn't look promising...

View attachment 1696766

That pit exit looks disastrous. Also, that track looks relatively narrow. I'm sure its the same width as the rest of them, but they should all be 10 feet wider to accommodate the extreme size of the cars these days.

If you'll excuse me, I have to go yell at some youths on my lawn now...

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i like that it looks like an extremely fast track. Will obv be extremely flat too. My seats are at Turn 18, so I can see the cars at top speed down the top straight, try to outbrake each other into the chicane, and race all the way around so it’s lots of eyeball time
Weren't they going to drive through the stadium? Anyway, that's really going to highlight all the scenery and things that make Miami Miami.
Miami Gardens, FL. It’s the absolute pits. I just about choked on my coffee when I read a writer refer to the Miami GP as the “Monaco of America”

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey maybe we should get our predictions for world champion on record now, yeah?

i have to go with Verstappen.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s his to lose at this point. Monza and Austin were 2 tracks that Lewis had to win and he came away with a DNF and a 2nd while Max had a DNF and a win. Mexico and Brazil are RB tracks so short of a DNF for Max, it’s going to be tough for Lewis to pull this one out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads