• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
He’s a pretty good number 2 to Lewis - he’s good enough to help AMG contend for the constructor’s, but isn’t good enough to take the driver’s away from Hamilton. And he’s a team player that doesn’t usually show ego during those “Valtteri, it’s James” radio moments. He gets criticism for not being able to slice and dice with Max, but if you want someone who can do that, then you need someone like Nico Rosberg, and…well, yeah.

I realize Mercedes is doing exactly that now by bringing in George Russell, but now things are different. Lewis is going to retire soon and they need an heir apparent.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm trying to find an interview I watched after qualifying where Max, Lewis and Valtteri were asked about who gets credit for pole. It was kind of funny but could only find the transcript at f1.com.

Q: So the car is good, you’ve just driven a brilliant session, set the fastest time. How does it feel to do all that yet have pole position taken away from you?

LH:
Well, I still… I get recorded the pole, right? No? Ah, dammit.

VB: Do I get the pole?

LH: So he gets the pole.

MV: I just don’t get that!

VB: So you need to give the tyre to me.

LH: You can have the tyre. I don’t know where they go.

MV: Lewis has a few spare.

VB: I don’t think it’s fair though.

LH: No, it’s alright.

VB: Even though it was my best pole.

MV: Lewis is going to start his own tyre factory.

LH: We knew it was going to be difficult, being that we had this penalty, which I took yesterday, and tomorrow is not going to be easy to fight my way through but where there is a will there is a way.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can someone troll LH by signing his utterly smoked intermediate tire (‘tyre’) and giving it to him. I’m thinking the message could be “To Lewis, It can be done! Regards, Esteban”

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Can someone troll LH by signing his utterly smoked intermediate tire (‘tyre’) and giving it to him. I’m thinking the message could be “To Lewis, It can be done! Regards, Esteban”
That would be trolling James Vowle, no?

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Merc believes leaving LH out would have yielded 7th or 8th:

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like a fun afternoon if anyone is local!

Last edited:

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to a solid weekend!!

ric_usa_21_1.jpg

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I love how the Honda graphics on AT and RB become Acura in the states.
I think they did it pretty consistently, but hadn't done so in a while. It used to annoy me that McLaren would switch from Vodafone to Verizon for the US race.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Quali should be interesting. I suspect someone will be rueing track limits at the end.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads