• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

Schwazer

Reaction score
VW Group...F1??

VW Group has dominated in the WRC, Le Mans and Dakar Rally in the past.

Pretty much they withdrew from all the above at the top.

It would be great to see them be in F1 given not many other manufacturers/engine supplier have the financial capacity to join.

yorkshire pud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
VW Group has dominated in the WRC, Le Mans and Dakar Rally in the past.

Pretty much they withdrew from all the above at the top.

It would be great to see them be in F1 given not many other manufacturers/engine supplier have the financial capacity to join.

I doubt they will use the Porsche Brand to be honest, they tried it in the 60s
(They were beautiful cars but not overly successful) also heavily associated with endurance racing and reliability, they really don't want Porsche engines failing on live TV (hence the TAG branding in the 80s)

I also think the Audi Brand could take some serious damage going up against Mercedes and getting regularly beaten on TV, and the fact that all wheel drive technology is banned, kind of makes Audis "Quattro" mototorsport heritage redundant within F1

My gut feeling is they will actually go with Volkswagen branding, "humble high volume peoples car beats the elite". It has always worked for Honda, who have done all the hard work for them!!!!!

Schwazer

Reaction score
I doubt they will use the Porsche Brand to be honest, they tried it in the 60s
(They were beautiful cars but not overly successful) also heavily associated with endurance racing and reliability, they really don't want Porsche engines failing on live TV (hence the TAG branding in the 80s)

I also think the Audi Brand could take some serious damage going up against Mercedes and getting regularly beaten on TV, and the fact that all wheel drive technology is banned, kind of makes Audis "Quattro" mototorsport heritage redundant within F1

My gut feeling is they will actually go with Volkswagen branding, "humble high volume peoples car beats the elite". It has always worked for Honda, who have done all the hard work for them!!!!!

Good points.

BTW Audi v Lancia in the WRC during the 1980's was memorable.

Schwazer

Reaction score

E_F4aVOVQA8lqIw

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Come on Lewis, skirt suits are so styleforum-two-decades-ago
Someone actually bought the thom browne skirt suit and oosted to qaywrn

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, wasn’t it SoCal? I did a quick search but photo embed links are all broken

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Lewis occasionally shows up looking fly, but his style (such as it is) is all over the place. And mostly not great.

yorkshire pud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks to me that he has shown up to his own wedding to himself, WTF are those square shoes all about???

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, wasn’t it SoCal? I did a quick search but photo embed links are all broken
I cant believe i spent part of my life finding this.

_xTmadyJGMMlub8Fsmr4ZjcsHw1Qy6S0-fnaOgTCcXrc4Odtj__M9iSEWXf6hpVmOjR8gwFFMXumHLEUkFknsJ8PLRbe1zHJv6dw2z8ZBjBNqngtrWW8

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ferrari PU upgrade for Charles so he’s going back on the grid this weekend

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who's in for the inaugural SF1 meetup, May 8, 2022 Miami?? I just used Marriott points to book my room. Best I could do is a Towne Place Suites in Port St. Lucie. That's not too far is it?

f1miami.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads