1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by idfnl, Feb 6, 2012.

1. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

If true, they wouldn't confirm it this early into an F1 season anyway.

Never rated Ricciardo that highly. This Bianchi kid seems ok for Marussia.

2. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Thoughts on today's race?

At the front it was some boring ass shit. From 2nd on down, plenty to talk about. Perez was a wild man, loved seeing it.

The Merc just doesn't have race pace. I don't get it. Ferrari had a nightmare, as did Webber.

3. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

This is what it looks like to me: Mercedes is able to get pole essentially because they're overusing the tire. They put so much energy into them that they can get them switched on for the short quali run, but then that same thing cooks the tire during race stints. Ironic that Hamilton fared better in the race because he was unable to unlock those last few tenths in quali.

Webber is a menace. But, I say this every year.

I haven't read anything yet, but if Button whines about Perez, it will only confirm my suspicion that he's a bit of a whiner in general.

4. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Re Button: credit him, he didn't go crazy on the radio with an Alonso style rant. I thought he was funny w "Calm him down"

He should have no complaint, Perez proved he was quicker.

5. sugarbutch

And Button edged him out over the rumbles onto the sand. If he wants racing room from his teammate, he has to give racing room...

1 person likes this.
  6. Infrasonic

Infrasonic Senior member

Button's playing the politics quite well IMHO.

Not going mad, but gently ramping up the pressure on MW to impose unofficial team orders ie. Button no 1...
    :devil:

Bernie was really funny again. Love how he uses sarcasm to destroy the journos stupid questions.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22231448

7. sugarbutch

He can't die soon enough.

1 person likes this.
  8. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

9. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

10. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

11. sugarbutch

Other than the top spot, a nice race today. I can't lie, it was nice to see Lewis soundly defeat Nico today, and especially by taking better care of his tires.

12. fwiffo

fwiffo Senior member

Ironic I didn't get a chance to watch this one considering it's in my own time zone.

I would have rather one of the drivers win to keep the standings interesting. Raikkonen for example.

13. sugarbutch

Hard to argue with a Kimi win, but the Lotus looked rather dire this weekend.

14. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

At least we didn't hear about tires every 4 seconds. The Lotus had no pace at all.

The corner before the start finish has no challenge now that they put a runoff there.

15. sugarbutch

The challenge was never the first part of the corner anyway. The wall at the exit remains to chasten the overambitious.

16. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Interesting, took a look at some old photos - I thought there used to be no runoff into the corner, but there was. They just resurfaced it. There used to be grass.

17. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

A great weekend. We met Damon hill and Johnny Herbert after the race. Sergio Perez came over after some enthusiastic fans chanted for him for at least 30 minutes. Martin brundle came by to shake hands for a bit. My friends that chose to attend first practice on friday met HUgh Grant. Will post pics later

2 people like this.
  18. hennree

hennree Senior member

Was an 'OK' race. Seb was just too quick at the front.

It was a shame to see Kimi so far behind. I'm kind of relying on him and Alonso to stop Seb from winning another championship.

It was great to see Alonso & Lewis fighting! The two best racers out there. So much skill in that short battle shown in subtle ways. They both lifted off the throttle leading up to the hairpin in an attempt to fall behind the other before the DRS zone, then Lewis took a great line into the corner forcing Alonso out wide - great to watch.

Hopefully going to Silverstone at the end of the month & Spa at the end of August.

19. sugarbutch

Haven't been to Silverstone since they moved the pit complex. I'm still not over the loss of Bridge.

20. hennree

hennree Senior member

Ahh Bridge was great. Watched a few races from there. Its now covered with merchandise stands on race weekends :(