• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

fwiffo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was about to say that in 2011 the team order ban was lifted because it's unenforceable anyway. The last poorly disguised team order was the 2010 race with Alonso and Massa and it came over the radio where they told Massa that Alonso was faster than him (which was not true) and asked him to confirm he understood.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ah, didn't realize they'd rescinded that rule. I never agreed with it, but if you have the rule, you gotta enforce it.

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah, didn't realize they'd rescinded that rule. I never agreed with it, but if you have the rule, you gotta enforce it.

i think they should not have any rules stipulating whether there should be team orders or not; since F1 is all about technicalities, developing cars outside the rules, bending the rules, etc., what happens if a team order is made but the driver doesn't obey? should he be reprimanded/penalised? it's stupid.

the second half of this season has been great - it looks like it's going to be a climatic end to the season, remiscent of 2007, 2008 and 2010. by far the most impressive driver this season has been Raikkonen - hasn't won a race yet but is 3rd in the race.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
India was truly dull. It's sad when the highlight of a race is a steering wheel change.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

the second half of this season has been great - it looks like it's going to be a climatic end to the season, remiscent of 2007, 2008 and 2010. by far the most impressive driver this season has been Raikkonen - hasn't won a race yet but is 3rd in the race.

Couldnt disagree more. The 1st half of the season was probably the best F1 ever.

Since midseason its been drab Red Bull domination again. Vettel leading start to finish 4 races in a row and you think thats exciting? Pretty boring.

India was truly dull. It's sad when the highlight of a race is a steering wheel change.

No kidding. Red Bull 1 - 2 again is really tiresome.

By the way, the SMOG in India is just beyond belief. Its disgusting. That air was so dirty it almost looked like fog. F1 needs to reconsider this, last year was really bad but this year the smog was even worse. It makes the sport look really ****** racing in the midst of all that pollution.

Last edited:

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
.... Thought that was fog...

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

.... Thought that was fog...

No, it was smog. Even worse than last year. Interesting, last year they made fun of it but were told to shut up about it this year.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looks like Hulkenberg is heading to Sauber.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I hope KObayashi finds a drive for next year but to be honest he hasn't shown much growth in his three years in the sport - so I don't see a great reason for a team to take him up (vs the many other solid drivers available). He's great to have around though.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Indeed. I hope that Kobayashi can find the funds to stay, too. The victim here is di Resta. Ferrari should have bounced Massa, taken Hulk or di Resta, and then the odd Force India driver would have gotten the Sauber seat.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I hope KObayashi finds a drive for next year but to be honest he hasn't shown much growth in his three years in the sport - so I don't see a great reason for a team to take him up (vs the many other solid drivers available). He's great to have around though.

Indeed. I hope that Kobayashi can find the funds to stay, too. The victim here is di Resta. Ferrari should have bounced Massa, taken Hulk or di Resta, and then the odd Force India driver would have gotten the Sauber seat.

I too want to see Kobayashi stick around. Its true he has not evolved much but he is fun to have on the track.

Massa did **** things up, but I dont believe any driver should willingly be paired with Alonso. He's a major league asshole and dominates the team completely. You'd never get a sniff.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If the McLaren's always going to break when he's leading, Lewis might as well go to Mercedes.

Webber chops two guys at the apex (and rejoins the track unsafely): No penalty. Perez does it to one guy: Stop and go. At least that lantern-jawed **** got some karmic justice.

Kimi is a racer's racer. Loved how he basically told his engineer to shut the **** up.

Vettel benefitted from being able to optimize his setup for the race, but helluva drive. Alonso must be dumbfounded.

Heikki: Most likely racing for his seat next year, and nearly did it. Too bad, really.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Kimi is a racer's racer. Loved how he basically told his engineer to shut the **** up.

"Just leave me alone, I know what I'm doing"

Ha ha, that was brilliant. Well deserved. Nice to see another winner.

For a pretty pedestrian 2nd half of the season, this was a great race.

Too bad for Hamilton. It was his.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads