• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently Lewis Hamilton doesn't like anyone ******** in his own personal toilet.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If it is true, I wouldn't want a random instagram "model" ******** in my toilet either. Odd or not, the pilot should've known better - but what a bizarre reaction to someone who's has your life in his hands.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If McLaren could spend Alonso's salary on the car and get the same lap time, I'm sure they would. But I am surprised that Stoffel makes more than Danny Ric. Stroll's "salary" is surely his allowance from dad, yes?

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised Verstappen makes double of Ricciardo. Also, seems like driving for Ferrari is very good salary-wise. Kimi makes only 10M less than Hamilton...at 40~50M range the difference is not much.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe Vandoorne's salary is that high. Same with Raikkonen.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think Ric's on his original RBR deal, while Max just negotiated a new contract. DR will almost certainly get a big bump in pay with his next contract, wherever that may be.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
New car launches, testing, OTT streaming, and this place is a graveyard. I'll try to get things started...

Mercedes: I understand why they stick with that dull-ass livery, but that doesn't make it any less dull. The lack of drastic changes could mean that W08 only needed some massaging to eliminate its weak spots or that MB has grown complacent. I suspect it's the former. Halo integration score: 6 - At least it's not body colored

Ferrari: Inching toward MB in the long-wheelbase stakes. Kimi seemed to like it on the first day of testing, which could be fun this season. HIS: 1 - The rosso corso makes it look huge and bulbous

Red Bull: Really interesting sidepod shape, almost like an organic Brabham BT44. Given Renault's pronouncements about detuning the first power units to favor reliability over output, this car will need to be really good for RBR to have early competitiveness. HIS: 7 - points for avoiding clashing black and blue

McLaren: The papaya looks fantastic. Ironically ****** start to testing with loose wheel nut and then loose header on the second day. HIS: 8 - The orange is so bright that the black halo sort of recedes visually

Williams: Car better be good because the loss of Martini can't help their prospects. HIS: 1 - Just as bad as the Ferrari

Force India (or whatever it is they'll be called by Australia): Can't believe they have a rent-a-driver doing the driving on day one of testing. Surely the feedback from one of their two race drivers would be more useful in getting the car dialed in? HIS: 5 - Pink is a neither here nor there value, and black would likely have stood out more

Of the rest, Renault has the best HIS, 9, because the car is black and it is less obtrusive

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
F1's announcement of their upcoming streaming service was great news except that it seems like they won't have it ready for the first races of the season. WTF? This makes them look semi-incompetent, especially since this is one of the areas where they are supposed to deliver value. Of course, if it's successful, no one will remember the tardy launch. Less forgivable is talk of showing MPH on the graphics for the US and other countries (are there any?) which don't speed in metric; and they also mentioned having music over the live feed of the race. Get the **** out.

Also noteworthy is the lack of apps for mobile and streamers like Chrome and Apple TV at launch. But I'm still keen, and I hope to be able finally to cut the cord.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TR Honda actually putting in laps was nice. I’m going to laugh if the future RB Honda eventually is the one to break Mercedes AMG’s championship run and Fernando loses out on ever winning another championship.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads