Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by idfnl, Feb 6, 2012.

1. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

Or Baku...

2. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

I meant Ferrari as a whole. Vettel definitely screwed himself in Singapore.

By the way, if you bet me $100 F1 cars still used spark plugs I would have lost.

3. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

How else would the combustion event start? No spark plug, and it's a diesel...

4. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

There are no shortage of ways to ignite the fuel mix, for example compression ignition is something Mazda was working on, and I read about some laser alternative a while back. I just assumed they moved past the use of the humble plug into something more advanced.

5. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

Fernando resigns with McLaren for 1 year only.

6. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

Max resigns with RB to 2020. Riccardio says it's too early for him to worry about an extension. Basically means he's not resigning unless Mercedes tells him no.

7. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

I agree. Ricciardo seems Max starting to one-up him, and I think he wants that Ferrari seat, because he knows he can beat Vettel. It will show Vettel's power to try and keep him out. Merc would be interesting.

8. Roen

Roen Active Member

Hammy to win his 4th this weekend! (But probably Mexico)

9. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

Only if the Russian Torpedo does his job on turn 1 lap 1.

10. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Ugh. Not much of a race. Ferrari have lost parity, so it's pedestrian. Bottas has proven he's not a match for Hamilton, so has become a clear #2 driver, so as I predicted before the season it adds to the boredom.

We've resorted to midfield battles for any entertainment. Not sure how much longer I can keep my interest. I've been waffling on F1 for several years, and this yet again, doesn't help. Verstappen is the only saving grace, his performance was fantastic.

I also don't understand how the race pace is 6 seconds slower than the quali pace.

The MotoGP race today? About 20 passes for the lead during the race. At mid-race, there were 8 bikes within 1.2 seconds of the leader. MotoGP pace is always within a second of quali pace. In terms of quality racing at the real limit, it's not even a conversation compared to F1.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017 at 5:27 PM

11. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

12. Roen

Roen Active Member

While I agree the call was the right call by the stewards, I also agree that communication for track limits is very poor.

For certain corners at certain tracks, drivers are allowed to exceed track limits on the outside because it's viewed as taking the long way around and there for not gaining an advantage. (Exit of Variante Ascari onto the back straight at Monza for example, I believe, I could have the corner wrong) My suggestion is that they have an explicit list of which corners you can exceed the outside limits of the corner and for all other corners, strict policing of track limits is done.