Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by idfnl, Feb 6, 2012.

1. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Precisely. And you can't see thru the bullshit and recognize he's just another media manipulator. His behavior is wholly unsophisticated, but your thinking certainly shouldn't be.

JB and DB wouldn't miss the London Live event. Brundle and Herbert were there, It's pretty self explanatory. They would never shit on their public image like Hamilton does. They may or may not have contempt for their "adoring fans" but they are classy enough not to show it.

If you are an adoring fan, you should question your premises. These are a bunch of highly self centered people, and being a fan has little meaning other than this amorphous "being loved" jargon they suck up. Hamilton has contempt for British fans, but sits there crowd surfing like he's a savior.

Fans are almost always idiots. They will crowd surf anyone that was born in their borders while completely blind to the beliefs of guy they're adoring.

2. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

We should let it go. It's clear I won't change your mind, and you're not really persuading me that I should dislike him. :)

3. Dragon

Dragon Senior member

Like Texas pointed out, looks like Ferrari haven't been able to develop the car as well as Mercedes and the gap has been widening for the last several races. Maybe instead of Champtionship battle between Hamilton vs Vettel, it will actually be Hamilton vs Bottas, especially since it's starting to look like Bottas is as good or better than Rosberg.

4. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Let's see if the Finns at Hungary can help get Bottas ahead of Hamilton. Should make things really interesting.

5. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

That's no fun.

Admittedly, it's odd that I detested Alonso and loved Hamilton way back, and now Alonso turns out to be the genuine one, while Hamilton descends ever deeper into bitchdom.

I hope Alonso does Indy again next year.

6. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

Alonso doesn't really have much else to do that weekend. McLaren has no chance of winning for awhile.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017

7. sugarbutch

Just realized that Bottas is Hamilton's third Finnish teammate. (I know Rosberg is officially German, but I think Keke parentage counts.) I wonder if anyone else has had as many Finnish teammates in F1. I guess I could look on Forix, but that would be work...

8. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

In other racing news, Mercedes is quitting DTM after 2018 to join Formula E in 2019.

9. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Wow formula e is getting pretty stacked. Never expected that when I first heard the concept but good for them.

10. Dragon

Dragon Senior member

I just can't get into Formula E...I tried watching, but it just doesn't appeal to me yet. I don't know what it is...maybe, cars are too slow, or the sound is annoying. Seems more like a big political/idealogical push for "green" rather than proper racing series to me. Also, to me, it seems like the driver that is able to switch cars the fastest has a an advantage over actual driving speed :)

11. sugarbutch

FE is currently too slow and gimmicky (the car change and Fan Boost), but it seems like a natural thing to want to race electric cars. Piston-engine cars started off slow, too. The next generation car is supposed to have a bigger battery pack so that it can do the whole race without jumping into a second car.

I would probably watch it, but I never seem to catch it on TV.

12. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

The whole switching cars thing mid race is a big turn off for me. I have trouble taking FE seriously until that's changed.