1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by idfnl, Feb 6, 2012.

1. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

He's showing you up!

Not the most exciting race, but good for Lewis and Perez. Alonso will need to finish low/outside the points or DNF in one of the remaining races if anyone else is to get a look in.

2. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Ya, Alonso made good passes early and positioned himself. Perez was brilliant. Hamilton had a great drive.

3. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

VEry interesting race. Happy to see VEttel get the drive through and retirement. Felt bad for WEbber and Button.

4. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Dont. They have plenty of $ to cry on.

5. ianGP

ianGP Senior member

Been trying to avoid this thread...again.... since I haven't seen the race yet....again... but some damned ad popped up, i forget where, and showed my boy Hammy winning :slayer::slayer::slayer:

Oh well.. I'll just watch it this afternoon.

In any case - I meant to post this 2 weeks ago as I was really hoping for a Hamster win in Spa but I'm happy with a win in the same month:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Won my kart race in the rain :slayer:

6. sugarbutch

Man, that looks like a great time! I'm racing in LeMons again this weekend, but no chance of rain. 93 and sunny...

7. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

^ geez, is that a boat race?

8. ianGP

ianGP Senior member

@SB - Awesome!! I know we were talking about LeMons awhile back, I can't ever get a decent team together :( I'll need better coordination skills lol

@idfnl - might as well been! It's a bit tricky too with slicks. I'm a good quarter-half sec slower than most of the drivers on the dry but in the wet I'm anywhere between half sec to 2 seconds faster in the same group. Me lika da rain!

Oh and yes, those are garden gloves! Best $5 I ever spent!
    They grip more than my $100+ puma's :embar:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  9. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

According to James Allen's blog (f1 journalist and former race commentator for ITV), lewis hamilton is very likely to have switched teams to Mercedes: http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2012/09/hamilton-set-to-move-to-mercedes/

It hasn't been confirmed yet but that link is to James' reasoning behind a move and potential replacements for him.

I hope he does move. I think he needs a new environment and his seat opening will lead to an exciting shakeup of the driver's market.

10. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

If its not hamilton now, they Merc will go after Vettel next season.

11. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Vettel is rumored to have signed with Ferrari for 2014 and on. If that's the case, it leaves Perez open for a move outside Ferrari's orbit

12. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

I cannot see that pair together at Ferrari. I dont think the rumor has merit.

13. sugarbutch

Big mistake for Lewis to go to Mercedes, IMO.

14. fwiffo

fwiffo Senior member

If he doesn't perform, he can moan about the car to the papers. I think Mercedes has been horribly inconsistent which is strange because Button had a pretty reliable car under the Brawn banner.

15. xpress

xpress Senior member

I just read the Hamilton-Mercedes rumor.

I absolutely hate the notion of Hamilton at Mercedes. Hate it.

16. ianGP

ianGP Senior member

Por que??!

Going to Merc is like taking 20 steps back! McLaren can give him wins that Merc can't even come close to.

17. sugarbutch

This is what happens when you sign up Mr. Pop Idol as your manager.

18. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Someone on an f1 website reminded me of Schumacher's move to Ferrari in 1996. The team was incredibly inconsistent for many years. Now, today's Hamilton has not shown the leadership or strength of Schumacher circa 1995 but maybe that's what's he'd be aiming for with a move. Or maybe he just wants a change and more control over his image (more personal sponsorship, more money.

Also, with the 2014 engine changes, there's expected to be a big advantage for teams with works engine deals. Mercedes, Ferrari and Renault lead team (presumably Red Bull) would be the ideal places to be in that case.

19. sugarbutch

I don't see why Mercedes will have much of an advantage with the engine. Mercedes will provide the whole powertrain to McLaren, and then the car will be designed around it. Ferrari has shown no particular benefit from having everything in-house since they lost the advantage of unlimited testing at their own track. Red Bull's advantage is Adrian Newey, not being the lead Renault team.

Lewis should stay at McLaren. It could work out at Mercedes, but there's nothing to suggest it will.

20. sugarbutch

A sad day for F1. If you haven't read his book, I recommend it.