• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't see it but from what I'm reading, the new Q format is crap. Everyone knew the new format was going to suck except for Bernie. Teams already want to scrap it for the next race.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I didn't see it but from what I'm reading, the new Q format is crap. Everyone knew the new format was going to suck except for Bernie. Teams already want to scrap it for the next race.

Crap is an understatement.

In the final 5 minutes of Q3, all the drivers (who were in their cars) got out of their car save for Rosberg and Hamilton. With 3 minutes left in Q3, there were no cars on hot laps.

With 2 minutes left, drivers were getting weighted in and there were no cars on track.

It's the most confusing qualifying I've ever watched. You don't watch the drivers, you watch the clock. And nobody has enough time to get in and out with new tires as this 90 second window so they just get out of the car.

If you ever needed a barometer of what is amiss with F1... exhibit A. How is it that all this computing power couldn't simulate this idiocy? Same reason they couldn't understand that the cars sounded like complete ****.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Race was better than I had expected. In the end it was a Merc 1-2, though. Vettel made a horrible decision staying on SSoft.

That Alonso crash was incredible. That car was dismembered.

IChen

Reaction score
Expected the Hamilton-Nico 1-2. Didn't expect to see Grosjean up there so high though.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder what Ferrari was thinking staying on the SS. I'd assume they had enough data to know that they weren't going to win with an additional pit stop after AMG decided to make the race a one stop.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I wonder what Ferrari was thinking staying on the SS. I'd assume they had enough data to know that they weren't going to win with an additional pit stop after AMG decided to make the race a one stop.

Perhaps talent will never be allowed to trump data again. It's a shame because all you get is a bunch of resigned teams and drivers ticking in metronomic laps because the computer says this is the best you can do.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Vettel said Ferrari were surprised that Nico went with the medium, so that likely explains why they went with the softer tire.

Had the post-Alonso stayed SC instead of red flag, Hamilton would have been in the hunt for a win. Nuts.

Verstappen: Most entertaining driver on-track since McLaren Kimi.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Verstappen was a whiny *****. He's lucky he didn't crash his teammate and himself at the end.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Re Verstappen, I'm not opposed to seeing a bit of ***** from a kid, god knows the sport could use a new personality. What starts to irritate is the entitlement, the "let me past because I'm me" and "you gotta make it right" mentality from his generation.

So he got pitted second. Make a pass. If you want to live up to the hype, do it on track and leave the radio whining to Alonso and Hamilton.

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Y'all sound like a bunch of old men...

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nico v Lewis... looks like last year's end of season dip in form wasn't a fluke chalked down to winning the WC. Yes, it was partially Botta's fault that he got caught up. But if he hadn't bodged another start, he wouldn't have been in that position.

I suspect Lewis has peaked. I see a guy too distracted by lifestyle.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This might have been a bit of a wakeup call for Lewis and hopefully he gets his **** together in China, but IIRC doesn't Nico tend to dominate in China?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads