• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That race was insane.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Caught the last 15 or so laps of the race. Interesting stuff. Too bad Rosberg made a mistake. The scenes in the driver's green room (whatever they call the waiting room before the podium ceremony) was pretty cringe inducing (for Nico).

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That race was insane.

Indeed. I couldn't believe Nico lost it after the restart to give Lewis the win.

I was at COTA on Saturday hoping to catch Q's. Rain was coming down and was getting in my face so I decided to buy an overpriced hat. I went with a MB AMG hat (since I drive an AMG). I was looking at different hats and wanted to get a white hat. The lady said all the white hats say "Nico" on them. I told her "nvm just give me a black MB AMG hat. I don't want to buy a hat with a name of a guy that chokes in the clutch." She just looked at me like wtf. My friend was with me and laughed about it. Sure enough, the next day Nico folded under pressure.

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yeah, that off was just bizarre. I halfway thought he was going to let Vettel pass him in the last two laps.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So did I just to spite Lewis for running him off the track on the opening lap.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Caught the last 15 or so laps of the race. Interesting stuff. Too bad Rosberg made a mistake. The scenes in the driver's green room (whatever they call the waiting room before the podium ceremony) was pretty cringe inducing (for Nico).

The hat throwing moment was pretty awkward, he threw a #2 hat at him. Nico threw it back and didn't look pleased.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Force India have confirmed that Hulk's wing mounting broke just before the collision with Ricciardo. That seemed clear from the first replay, but the US commenters seemed to miss it until after the race. Did the tv people in other countries pick up on it?

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Force India have confirmed that Hulk's wing mounting broke just before the collision with Ricciardo. That seemed clear from the first replay, but the US commenters seemed to miss it until after the race. Did the tv people in other countries pick up on it?

Don't recall hearing that. I don't think anyone caught it.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Maybe I should get into the commenting game.
smile.gif
Back in the Speed days (when my friends would come over to watch races) I consistently would mention things that the commenters would pick up on a couple of minutes later.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I went to the race. Got to the track right as qualifying was ending. Got to stand around in 30mph winds and sideways rain. Absolutely soaked and freezing the whole time. Was there with a big group of my friends, half of us got there early and endured all the rain. The other half got there right as the rain stopped and some sun poked out, bastards.

Race was awesome and the track offers some remarkable vantage points. Managed to walk around and see the race from Turn 19, 15, and the bridge beside 2/3 where the S turns start. Absolutely insane watching those guys hit the S turns at 140+. It looks like they're going to spin as hard as they take them, and magically they just stick right through the whole corner.

Me and another friend remarked that we can't wait to get home and watch the race on TV haha. So many safety cars it was hard to tell what was actually causing them. Saw Hulk ride by on a scooter after he crashed out (I think, still haven't watched the race.)

Overall it was an amazing and memorable experience first grand prix. Conditions can only get better for the next race I go to.

Oh and the cars were barely louder than the Porsches that raced before them, but the actual speed is still pretty remarkable. I was satisfied with the sound though.

I'm a ****** photographer, but I'll post up a few if i see any decent pics I took.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Awesome. Brave of you to sit through saturday. I've been blessed with perfect whether for all 3 grands prix I've attended. I may try to get some friends to do Montreal again and/or Austin next year.

By the way, it was invaluable using the Kangaroo TVs (now defunct) to actually get a feel for what you were watching at the race. I believe F1 has an mobile phone app you can use at the track that provides live timing and audio commentary.

Last edited:

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sat through Saturday also and left around 3:30. I got the announcement that they were opening up pit lane to the fans right around the time the buses got back to the parking lot. I will say though, the rain makes the race way more interesting. If it were perfect weather, Lewis would've just taken off after turn 1 and cruised to a 30 second victory.

horndog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Glad to see some of you guys went. I think for a once-a-year visit I'd rather bet on the double header WEC and USCC races at COTA as the better race(s), but for this year you picked right.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Oh and the cars were barely louder than the Porsches that raced before them, but the actual speed is still pretty remarkable. I was satisfied with the sound though.

Have you ever seen F1 live pre new formula? From folks that have experienced both, it's a massive difference. That sound was what made it feel alive.

Glad you went, from the TV, it seems like a really nice venue to watch live. If you have the right seat, it seems you can see way over to the other end of the track.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads