• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Formalwear Problem

justagentlemen

Reaction score
I just realized that I may be commiting a sartorial offense.My opera pumps have grosgrain bows (of course),but both my dinner jacket and tailcoat have satin lapels.Should I stop wearing them based on that alone,or is this acceptable?

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is completely unacceptable. You will be mocked by your peers.

goodlife

Reaction score
I think you are safe, and I am more than a little OCD about matching. That said I noticed the RLBL tux this past year had grosgrain lapels on the jacket and satin down the leg. That is unacceptable IMHO.

justagentlemen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by goodlife
I think you are safe, and I am more than a little OCD about matching. That said I noticed the RLBL tux this past year had grosgrain lapels on the jacket and satin down the leg. That is unacceptable IMHO.

Well,I match everything else,and the bows are so subtle,I suppose you're right.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.