1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

formal clothes accessories

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by contactme_11, Jul 11, 2006.

1. contactme_11

contactme_11 Senior member

I'm just curious as to what you guys carry on your person on a regular basis for accessories. Such as watches/ pocket watches, tie clasps/ clips/ pins, money clip, jewelry, fancy knife, hankerchief, or anything else. Please tell...

2. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

What do you mean on a daily basis? When wearing formal clothes (ie morning coat et.c.), business suit or just everyday regardless?

3. Dapper Dandy

Dapper Dandy Senior member

Pocket watch, pinkie ring, and a set of Trad pistols. [​IMG]

4. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

Pocket watch, pinkie ring, and a set of Trad pistols. [​IMG]

You mean to say that you don't carry a cane with a hidden sword inside of it? [​IMG]

With regard to the original question, I carry 3 things with me all the time: wallet, keys and cell phone. That's it.

5. Dapper Dandy

Dapper Dandy Senior member

6. Tomasso

Tomasso Senior member

I'm just curious as to what you guys carry on your person on a regular basis for accessories. Such as watches/ pocket watches, tie clasps/ clips/ pins, money clip, jewelry, fancy knife, hankerchief, or anything else. Please tell...
    Here's a representative selection of my basic rig but I regularly rotate various items(for metal and leather color) except for the phone and the mints.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Anthony Jordan

Anthony Jordan Senior member

Rotary mechanical wristwatch or 1930s J.W. Benson silver half-hunter, wedding, claddagh and St. Katherine (seal) rings, 2 pocket handkerchiefs, mobile telephone, silver cigarette case which serves as a wallet. Very occasionally a collar pin also. If I am going out to dinner I may take a silver napkin holder and a vesta case/cigar cutter.

8. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

1940s 18kt C.H.Meylan wristwatch
    Sheaffer Balance Oversize in Marine Green fountain pen circa 1933
    Asprey crocodile & gold wallet circa 1930
    Motorolla black Razr portable telephone
    Auto keys
    Cutler & Gross black sunglasses
    19th century Austro-Hungarian signet ring & thin English Georgian period rock crystal band

9. Tomasso

Tomasso Senior member

1940s 18kt C.H.Meylan wristwatch
    Sheaffer Balance Oversize in Marine Green fountain pen circa 1933
    Asprey crocodile & gold wallet circa 1930
    Motorolla black Razr portable telephone
    Auto keys
    Cutler & Gross black sunglasses
    19th century Austro-Hungarian signet ring & thin English Georgian period rock crystal band

LK, The Razor is so incongruous to your whole kit, may I suggest a more classical phone.

[​IMG]

I'm certain that it can be retrofitted as a portable or at least a car phone. Think about it.

10. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

LK, The Razor is so incongruous to your whole kit, may I suggest a more classical phone. [​IMG] I'm certain that it can be retrofitted as a portable or at least a car phone. Think about it.
    The Japanese have developed this digital Rolleiflex, which looks exactly like the TLR of yesteryear; perhaps, I could compell them to devise a celluar phone that looks like a bakelite phone from the '40s. The nice thing about Japanese technology is that they are willing to embrace older dynamics while respecting the historical tradition at the same time unlike Occidental mainstream viewpoints. [​IMG]

11. muelleran

muelleran Senior member

The Japanese have developed this digital Rolleiflex, which looks exactly like the TLR of yesteryear; perhaps, I could compell them to devise a celluar phone that looks like a bakelite phone from the '40s.
    LK, do you know there are recievers available that can be plugged into mobile phones? [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. wilson brother

wilson brother Senior member

LK, do you know there are recievers available that can be plugged into mobile phones? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

What pocket can you put that??