Forgotten great music videos.

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by lefty, Aug 1, 2010.

1. lefty

lefty Senior member

The video, not the music so much.

1. Jamiroquai - Virtual Insanity
    Jonathan Glazer. This to Sexy Beast.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

2. R.E.M. - Losing My Religion
    Tarsem ripping of Tarkovsky. Beautifully.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

3. Godley and Creme - Cry
    First time morphing was used.

4.George Michael - Freedom 90
    Fincher knocking it out of the park. Props to GM for not appearing in the video.

lefty

2. Zachgranstrom

Zachgranstrom Senior member

3. lefty

lefty Senior member

Never loved it but hard to deny it's importance. Would have hated to be one of the roto artists on that video.

lefty

4. limping_decorum

limping_decorum Senior member

5. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

Awesome vid/song. And holy AC Slater lookalike moment at 1:23!!

6. lefty

lefty Senior member

Devo - Satisfaction.
    Best cover ever.

Robert Palmer - Addicted to Love.
    That he ignores the band is what makes this great.

Talking Heads - Once in a Lifetime.
    Early chroma Key geek.

Fine Young Cannibals - Good Thing.
    Get your scooter on.

lefty

7. dusty

dusty Senior member

8. lefty

lefty Senior member

I blew off a party to stay home and watch that.

lefty

9. why

why Senior member

No Peter Gabriel yet?

[​IMG]

10. Threak

Threak Senior member

11. lefty

lefty Senior member

No Peter Gabriel yet?

[​IMG]

I saw Gabriel with Genesis and a few times on his own. The Lamb is one of my favourite albums but if you're suggesting Sledgehammer as a great video, I just can't do it.

lefty

12. why

why Senior member

I saw Gabriel with Genesis and a few times on his own. The Lamb is one of my favourite albums but if you're suggesting Sledgehammer as a great video, I just can't do it. lefty
    I don't like his videos much, but they're certainly recognizable.

13. countdemoney

countdemoney Senior member

14. BDC2823

BDC2823 Senior member

How about this gem...

15. lefty

lefty Senior member

^ Never seen it. Kind of insane. M&J Jackson - Scream What 7 million buys.

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Neil Young - Wondern' NY goes old school.

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. The Rolling Stones - Love is Strong Fincher again, proving he was a goddamn visual genius.

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. lefty