#ForBrian : RIP @hbkshin / StyleForum's Help Needed To Aid The Family Of A Fallen Brother

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, Jun 21, 2016.

1. green_machine

green_machine Senior member

2. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

^ Nice lot! Thanks for participating man!

3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I don't know if you've all ready @ChetB's tribute post to Brian, but you all should.

Check it out here.

4. SpooPoker

The bottom row in this picture are the ties that are going up tomorrow, to whet your appetites!

[​IMG]

5. Dirt

Dirt Senior member

Couple items for Brian's auction. I was reading through ChetB's tribute post again that Spoo linked above. In particular, the early days of thrifting for him(which I totally relate to because I'm there) and how excited he was for "pops!" on certain brands and it made me smile because I totally know that feeling, as you all do. The LP shirt was a pop for me and I remember how excited I was seeing it on the rack. I figured it was only fitting that it be one of the items I offer up for auction for the benefit. I did not know Brian in life but we all share a similar experience in this hobby/way of life and that is something special.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. SpooPoker

^Very awesome stuff, Dirt. Thank you!

7. LetsGetWeird

LetsGetWeird Senior member

3 Pairs of Shoes to add, Rest in Peace Brian:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. jerms24k

jerms24k Senior member

I can get the Korean taken care of, just let me know what you need. I'm still planning on getting something put up for this, so whenever I figure that out, I'll post something. Obviously that's gotta be ASAP, but I've just been super busy with studying. As a fellow Korean-American, I totally understand the types of familial and societal pressures he experienced, and I'm on the super lucky end with a very supportive and open-minded family. Also, since my mom is a Korean-speaking psychiatrist, his is a story that I've heard way too many times, and one that should never have to end the way it did. I hope we can not only raise some money to help out his family, but also raise a bit of awareness and help to lower the level of stigma regarding mental illness in our communities. Lastly, you don't need a full-blown mental illness to benefit from formal counseling or therapy; I'd say treat it like a massage or a tuneup for your car, if you're ever feeling overly stressed or anxious or unmotivated or anything, talk to an expert who can help you figure out things and let you know if you should do anything else about it. There's too much of a dichotomy in our society regarding mental health treatment: just because you receive treatment of any kind, even pharmaceutically, it doesn't necessarily indicate a chronic diagnosis, just like using an inhaler for acute bronchitis doesn't mean you have chronic lung disease. Sorry for the little rant, but again, I've just heard this story too many times, and it never gets less sad.

Also, if you're interested in talking a bit more about how to spot warning signs in people around you or what to say or how to respond to people that you think might be having some trouble, feel free to PM me at any time.

9. hooker4186

hooker4186 Senior member

?Q

Quoting for truth - this is very well said.

10. Mr G from SD

Mr G from SD Senior member

.Username: Bigtrginsd

NWT Turnbull & Asser Pocket Square (Winner chooses favorite)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016

11. drlivingston

drlivingston Senior member

RESPECT! [​IMG]

12. SpooPoker

Much respect. thank you @jerms24k.

13. SpooPoker

Alright guys, coming down to the nitty gritty here. 24 hours to go until launch - One more push for anyone who wants to contribute on the sell side!

I leave the last push with a quote from Brian himself….

Cant wait to see these auctions go off tomorrow!

14. TexJake

TexJake Senior member

[​IMG]

Here's a start, working in a few more if I can make the time to list tonight!

15. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

From a bunch of consignors, will break it down when they go live

Photo

Title

[​IMG]
    FERRARI Red Solid Prancing Horse Logo 100% Silk Mens Luxury Tie 3.75" #ForBrian
    [​IMG]
    ROBERT TALBOTT BEST CLASS Purple Green Paisley Peacock Mens Tie 4.00" #ForBrian
    [​IMG]
    ROBERT TALBOTT BEST OF CLASS Brown Check 100% Silk Mens Tie - 3.375" #ForBrian
    [​IMG]
    POLO RALPH LAUREN Burgundy TEDDY BEAR GOLF Silk Mens Luxury Tie 4.00" #ForBrian
    [​IMG]
    NEW - BOGLIOLI Red Orange Grenadine Knit Silk Mens Scarf - 37" x 35" #ForBrian
    [​IMG]
    NEW - BOGLIOLI Green Woven Grenadine Knit Silk Mens Scarf - 37" x 35" #ForBrian
    [​IMG]
    BRIONI Brown Stripe Cotton Mens Luxury Dress Shirt - 40 / 15.75 #ForBrian
    [​IMG]
    ERMENEGILDO ZEGNA Purple Plaid Check Casual Luxury Dress Shirt 2XL XXL #ForBrian
    [​IMG]
    SAMUELSOHN Dark Brown Twill Flat Front S110 Wool Pants Trousers - 34 #ForBrian
    [​IMG]
    HUGO BOSS Gray Wool Mens Luxury Flat Front Pants Trousers - 36 / 38 #ForBrian
    [​IMG]
    GUCCI Recent Solid Black CASHMERE WOOL Flat Front Pants Trousers - 36 #ForBrian
    [​IMG]
    GOKEY Brown Leather Double Sole Lace Moccasin Casual Mens Shoes - 10 D #ForBrian
    [​IMG]
    HUGO BOSS BALDESSARINI Gray 97% CASHMERE Sport Coat Blazer Jacket 42 R #ForBrian
    [​IMG]
    HACKETT London Green Herringbone Check TWEED Sport Coat Jacket - 42 L #ForBrian
    [​IMG]
    KITON Brown Plaid Check 100% CASHMERE Sport Coat Blazer Jacket 42 L #ForBrian
    [​IMG]
    FREEMANS SPORTING CLUB Red SUMMER LINEN Sport Coat Blazer - M / 42 S #ForBrian
    [​IMG]
    POLO RALPH LAUREN Tan Brown Corduroy ITALY Sport Coat Blazer Mens 40 R #ForBrian
    [​IMG]
    HICKEY FREEMAN Camel Tan Wool Cashmere Car Over Coat Jacket Mens 40 R #ForBrian
    [​IMG]
    H. FREEMAN & SON Beige Blue Shepherd Check Sport Coat Blazer 44 45 L #ForBrian
    [​IMG]
    CORBIN Green Plaid Check 2 BTN SAC TRAD Sport Coat Blazer Jacket 44 L #ForBrian
    [​IMG]
    BRIONI Recent Gray Stripe S170 Dual Vent Jacket Pants SUIT Mens - 42 L #ForBrian
    [​IMG]
    POLO RALPH LAUREN Blue Stripe Center Vent USA Jacket Pants SUIT - 44 L #ForBrian