Forbes: The Best-Dressed Athletes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by clarksdb, Dec 9, 2010.

1. xudisco07

xudisco07 Senior member

They should look outside the US.

2. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

The trouble with these lists of celebs is you never know how much of what they wear is down to them, how much is down to a stylist, and how much down to sponsorship/advertising deals, or even a particular event's sponsors.

Having said that, I think picking Federer as one of the list is a good call; he's usually pretty well-dressed in most of the off-court settings I've seen photos of him at.

3. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

They should look outside the US.

A number of those athletes are non-American.

4. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

The trouble with these lists of celebs is you never know how much of what they wear is down to them, how much is down to a stylist, and how much down to sponsorship/advertising deals, or even a particular event's sponsors.

Having said that, I think picking Federer as one of the list is a good call; he's usually pretty well-dressed in most of the off-court settings I've seen photos of him at.

To Forbes' credit, they've selected athletes who have expressed an interest in style.

5. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

To Forbes' credit, they've selected athletes who have expressed an interest in style.
    Good for them going to the effort to do that. Maybe I should actually read the article before commenting. [​IMG] Hmm, Federer hangs around with Wintour, doesn't he? I think that probably counts as having a passing interest in fashion... [​IMG]

6. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Good for them going to the effort to do that. Maybe I should actually read the article before commenting. [​IMG]

Hmm, Federer hangs around with Wintour, doesn't he? I think that probably counts as having a passing interest in fashion... [​IMG]

Sean Avery actually interned at Vogue while he was a NY Ranger.

7. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

no longer an athlete but Jesse Palmer is killing it on ESPN.

8. Metlin

Metlin Senior member

Some of them, like Luke Donald, look quite stylish and preppy. [​IMG] A few others (Baron Davis, for one), look like a tad unkempt. [​IMG]

9. gorgekko

gorgekko Senior member

Tom Brady has long been known for being interested in clothes/fashion/style...not a surprising choice there. Good choice in Roger Federer as well.

David Beckham has always been hit or miss with me. Sometimes the guy looks incredible and other times he looks like a chav made good.

10. BrianVarick

BrianVarick Senior member

no longer an athlete but Jesse Palmer is killing it on ESPN.

quoted for truth, whenever I see him I am impressed. He does a very muted look, but the fit is spot on, and he always looks pulled together.

11. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

How in the world does Charlotte Casiraghi qualify as a notable athlete? She is not a top level equestrian.

12. blahman

blahman Senior member

"Brady, a three-time Super Bowl champion who is married to Brazilian supermodel Gisele Bündchen, is the new face of UGG Australia, a lifestyle brand best known for its girly sheepskin boots."

That should automatically take him off the list.

edit: btw, comment in that link, alonzo mourning - well thats a name I have not heard for many years.

13. JeffsWood

JeffsWood Senior member

14. jamesbond

jamesbond Senior member

Good for them going to the effort to do that. Maybe I should actually read the article before commenting. [​IMG]

Hmm, Federer hangs around with Wintour, doesn't he? I think that probably counts as having a passing interest in fashion... [​IMG]

No clue who he hangs with but he looks like shit on and off the court. Nike dresses him like a little girl.