• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

For what type of shoes do you prefer elongated lasts?

mg428

Reaction score
I read in a men's style book in which the author states that the smaller the shoe, the better it is.

Leaving the sole factor aside, to me what affects the overall size of shoes are fullness and length, which are both pertinent to the last.

Of course no one is bound with the author's opinion. I mostly concur with him. Though I think that it is sometimes better to wear shoes with an elongated look.

For instance, since full brogue shoes appear bulky due to their perforations, I may prefer a less fuller but a bit more elongated shoes.

Or people wearing small sizes may almost always prefer shoes with elongated look.

So I just wanna hear whether you prefer shoe lasts with an elongated look and for which type of shoes do you prefer them? Conversely I would like to hear whether there are certain type of shoes that you would avoid an elongated look? Another thing is that, do you consider elongated look formal or informal and thus avoid wearing them in some particular places/circumstances? Last thing that I would like to hear is whether you have any preferences in matching your elongated shaped shoes with your overall dress? (For instance you may or may not prefer wearing them with cuffed trousers)

Thanks for your contributions!

jsherman02

Reaction score
I like the look of a longer last since I only wear 9 or 9.5's. Some companies' lasts are too "stubby" and look dated.

kiLLscaLLion

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jsherman02
I like the look of a longer last since I only wear 9 or 9.5's. Some companies' lasts are too "stubby" and look dated.

+1

What lasts/brands would people recommend for wide feet? I'm a 7.5D for AE's, which is a fairly small, wide size. With non-tapered pants legs, I think that the pants cover up too much of the shoe (on my current AE's). Also, I really prefer a more elongated look. I've been looking into Italian shoes which seem to be more elongated than English ones, but would love more specific suggestions.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I prefer longer than traditional, but not one of the clownishly long lasts that have made their way into fashion these days. I think that going a bit longer than the norm makes the shoe more elegant.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's