1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

For those of you in dallas

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Steve B., May 26, 2004.

1. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

Pockets Menswear is having a moving sale that starts tomorrow. If you're interested, send me an e-mail, and I'll forward their e-mail.

Also, what sort of a dressing town is Waco? I'm doing a remote radio interview there tomorrow, and I noticed they're halfway between Dallas, where people tend to dress up, and Austin, where they tend to dress down.

2. jcusey

jcusey Senior member Dubiously Honored

Waco is best-known for being the home of Baylor University and Dr. Pepper. It's a relatively small city (population is around 120,000). I would guess that most residents don't have to dress up for work and that those who do tend to dress very conservatively.

3. discostu004

discostu004 Senior member Affiliate Vendor

what does pockets carry? i'm going to dallas tomorrow.

waco is the armpit of texas. honestly. just crappy all around and i was born in waco. david koresh was there too

4. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

Originally posted by discostu004:
    [​IMG] But didn't Waco also produce Michael Johnson??

5. discostu004

that is true, but they also hired dave bliss which led to.. well you know that story surely. either way, it's a pit.

6. discostu004

hey steve how do i send you an email? i'm interested in receiving whatever you got can you send it to discostu004@yahoo.com tanks in advance

7. vero_group

vero_group Senior member

Pockets is at the corner of Royal and Central Expressway. It's "OK".

Waco is where my 97-year old grandmother lives. 'Nuff said.

Actually, my parents went to Waco High School and got married shortly thereafter. I tell them frequently "Thank you, thank you, thank you for having the good sense to move to Dallas in 1967 so that I could be born there two years later."

Growing up in Waco, TX would have been pure stultifying hell.

Good luck with that thar radio show, Steve.