• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For the very thin: 1 free* Jantzen shirt. White oxford. 35" chest, 30" waist.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This was my very first order from Jantzen. Everything's fine except it's a bit too small for me. I'm a pretty thin guy but I bet there are a few even thinner dudes here. I've worn it about five times, still in great shape. I am giving it away but am asking $5 PayPal to cover my shipping expense. This is not first come first come; I will accept requests for a 2-3 day period, root out the people who I doubt it will fit and then select who I think deserves the shirt the most from the remaining candidates. Please only contact me if you think you have a genuine chance of fitting into it. As you can see it has my Chinese name monogrammed. You can tell people that that's the name of the brand or that you killed a man with that name and took his shirt. Whatever story you choose is fine with me. I wear a 36 chest in suits and a Wings & Horns slim fit small hoodie fits me snugly in the chest. You need to have a slightly smaller chest for this to work. The waist is fine for a true 30" waist but would probably be more proportional for a 28-29. Here are the measurements I sent to Jantzen for this shirt: Shirt Length: 30 Chest: 34 Waist: 30 Hip: ? Shoulder: 16 Sleeve Length: 32 Neck: 16 Height: 5'9" Weight: 140 Wrist Size ( No Allowance): ? Special for Thicker Watch: Select One Shirt Fitting: Tight (2"-4" Allowance) Share of Shoulder: Slope Shoulder Shade of Body: Normal Shade Material Item: French Oxford Material Number: Number #7, Please Select Material Number Collar Style: Collar Style # 1, (Regular Pointed) Collar Stay: Removable Collar Stay Interlining: Regular Tie space: 1/8" (Standard) Back Height: 1 5/8" (Standard) Stitching for Collar & Cuff: 1/4" (Our Standard) Collar Point: Same As Our Standard Color of Button Hole and Button Thread: Self Colour Cuff Style: Single Cuff Style #9S (Cut-Away Single Button) Contract Collar: Self Collar & Cuff Cuff Height: 2 3/4" (Standard) Pocket Style : Select one Number of Pocket: No Pocket Front Placket: Plain Front Width of Placket: 1 3/8 (Our Standard) Sleeve: Long Sleeve Sleeves **** Extra Button: With Sleeves Extra Button Shirt Tail: Regular Tail Shoulder Pleat: No Pleat Select one: Without Split Yoke Gusset Triangle Color: Select One Button Seclections:: Nature Designed 1.25 diameter (M.O.P.)

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Will never fit me, but just wondering how much the monogram cost please?

Rolo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
You can tell people that that's the name of the brand or that you killed a man with that name and took his shirt.

If you go with Option 2, the story is much better if it takes place in Reno.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Or you can take the monogram as a spur to ambition,

e.g.:

"Someday, the initials on this monogram...will be MINE!"

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've received six requests so far and will meditate on my decision. I will accept more requests for another day or two.
Originally Posted by Rolo
If you go with Option 2, the story is much better if it takes place in Reno.
I can add a bullet hole or gash from a knife at no charge in order to better corroborate your story.

mbc

Reaction score
How is the transparency (or hopefully lack thereof) of that fabric? This shirt wouldn't fit me by a long shot but I do want to order a new white oxford shirt from Jantzen...

simpli

Reaction score
I would love to have it. It would actually fit me, and I'm poor
musicboohoo[1].gif
My measurements... 5' 9, 130, 27" waist, 15" shoulders, 34" chest

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The fabric is rather thick, about as thick as oxford cloth gets and is not very translucent. I have no problem wearing it without an undershirt. This is the "French oxford" fabric.
Originally Posted by diorshoe
can you not return them and exchange for a fitted ? anyways this is very cool of you. but the thanks you get will be someone claiming they killed you and took your shirt!
I doubt they'd take a return when no error was made on their side. Such is the risk of mail order MTM. There are some advantages of having others think that you are dead.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your interest. I have selected amblus, as I believe he best exemplifies the Confucian values of humanity and filial piety. If it does not fit him perhaps he will try to give it to someone else.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads