• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

? for the runners/joggers

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how many pairs of running shoes do you rotate? or do you wear the same pair every day until they wear out?

surf animal

Reaction score
I try to have at least two pairs going. I usually have more, cause obsessions with leather carry onto mesh & rubber. I've got two trainers and two regular pairs in the mix right now.

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to have two pairs of different shoes, but these days I don't run enough to justify the expense so these days I'm sticking with a single pair.

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just one pair, but I'm just a 20 mile a week person.

mikeman

Reaction score
Can someone recommend a good pair of trainers for running/lifting?

feynmix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you need to get fitted for shoes for running. For lifting, you can pretty much just wear any old sneakers.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quite a few. 2 pairs for street or gym running. Three pairs for trail running or sometimes hiking with a pack and one pair for specific cross training/sprint work.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Three pairs - a regular pair, lighter, and lightweight. Depends on what purpose I'm going for in that run, and sometimes it's simply a question of whatever's dry or at hand.

holla7577

Reaction score
Two shoes. For running, I use one pair and I just run them to the ground..and get another pair. Asics Kayano.

If I'm doing weights, I usually wear another pair.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the benefit of rotating pairs of running shoes? Does rotating two pairs allow them to last longer than wearing out two pairs sequentially? I wouldn't think that running shoes benefit from "rest" in the same way that welted, leather dress shoes do.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ I'm not really sure of any benefits of rotating shoes.

Personally speaking, my shoe variety is for of the specifics of the workout.

boo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dah328
What is the benefit of rotating pairs of running shoes? Does rotating two pairs allow them to last longer than wearing out two pairs sequentially? I wouldn't think that running shoes benefit from "rest" in the same way that welted, leather dress shoes do.

It's a similar argument. Using shoes on alternate days supposedly allows time for the rubber/foam sole to fully decompress. Personally, I'm not convinced it matters.

pauliodotnet

Reaction score
I change mine every 500-700 miles. Here is a great article. Google search it
wink.gif
http://www.therunnersguide.com/howlongrunningshoeslast/

smujd

Reaction score
Four pairs. Marathoning. I get ~300 miles out of each pair. Each pair in rotation is at a different stage in its life. The newest pair will only be worn for ~30 miles and then drop out of circulation until the next marathon. After the marathon, it goes into the general rotation until worn out. I have a strict one marathon per pair of shoes rule--no real reason, just my own oddity.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads