• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For the love of d'Avenza

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A classic yet striking look, double-breasted chalk stripe suits were donned by such strong personalities as Churchill or Onassis. The d’Avenza take on this tailoring icon offers the right balance of power and understatement. The subtle foulard patterned silk tie from Kiton adds to the conservative appeal while the Silvano Lattanzi oxford shoes will surely empower its wearer.
I would have been all over this one if it were in my size. Killer price too.

MarkWinter

Reaction score
I would have been all over this one if it were in my size. Killer price too.

Great to hear that you like it, what would be your size in d'Avenza?

MarkWinter

Reaction score
Tailored Camouflage - A laid back, yet elegant combination of a cashmere lined suede jacket from Cesare Attolini paired with a double-breasted flannel pinstripe suit from d’Avenza.

WIN_2929_3000px90qresize.jpg

Last edited:

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Tailored Camouflage - A laid back, yet elegant combination of a cashmere lined suede jacket from Cesare Attolini paired with a double-breasted flannel pinstripe suit from d’Avenza.

This one's great. How can it be only $750?

I read a few articles about D'Avenza recently and apparently the company who last bought them, BrandAmour, declared bankruptcy (97 unpaid employees) just a couple of months ago. It seems like there's no trace of the D'Avenza brand anymore, except for re-sellers, is it correct?

LuxGentleman

Reaction score

I read a few articles about D'Avenza recently and apparently the company who last bought them, BrandAmour, declared bankruptcy (97 unpaid employees) just a couple of months ago. It seems like there's no trace of the D'Avenza brand anymore, except for re-sellers, is it correct?
Yes it is correct what you say, but the products d'Avenza that you find from us online sellers are not of the BrandAmour group, this I assure you, only the Avenza stocks were sold, the BrandAmour group was active in trade and did not need to sell his inventories.

thegreatgatsby

Reaction score
It's pretty simple: BrandAmour (the Italian company), bought the "brand name" d'Avenza, but - by that time - Brunello Cucinelli had poached all of d'Avenza's master tailors. [Again - B.C. never owned d'Avenza: he just owned what made d'Avenza an amazing RTW company].

The stuff the NEW d'Avenza made under BrandAmour (in the past 3 years or so) was utter garbage. From what sources tell me the stuff literally fell apart. I know a menswear seller in Rhode Island who said that customers were coming back in the store with defective merchandise all the time.

99.9% of the d'Avenza stuff you see for sale on line (on Ebay, Grailed, etc.) is from the pre-BrandAmour period. It's of the best quality.

ALL, I repeat ALL, of the d'Avenza pieces are hand made with full canvassing.

We don't really need to have a discussion about whether d'Avenza is "at the level" of an Attolini or Brioni, or whether "it's the good stuff."

It's all "the good stuff." It may have 2% less handwork than Kiton, but who really cares?

It may have 10% less handwork than Cifonelli, but, again, who cares?

D'Avenza is a top-of-the-line ready to wear product: perhaps the best RTW product that ever existed. Perhaps not. Again, who cares?

So that d'Avenza deadstock on Ebay...

Get it while it lasts. It won't be made again, and NEVER, EVER, EVER at these post-market prices.

Enjoy

Last edited:

LuxGentleman

Reaction score
It's pretty simple: BrandAmour (the Italian company), bought the "brand name" d'Avenza, but - by that time - Brunello Cucinelli had poached all of d'Avenza's master tailors. [Again - B.C. never owned d'Avenza: he just owned what made d'Avenza an amazing RTW company].

The stuff the NEW d'Avenza made under BrandAmour (in the past 3 years or so) was utter garbage. From what sources tell me the stuff literally fell apart. I know a menswear seller in Rhode Island who said that customers were coming back in the store with defective merchandise all the time.

99.9% of the d'Avenza stuff you see for sale on line (on Ebay, Grailed, etc.) is from the pre-BrandAmour period. It's of the best quality.

ALL, I repeat ALL, of the d'Avenza pieces are hand made with full canvassing.

We don't really need to have a discussion about whether d'Avenza is "at the level" of an Attolini or Brioni, or whether "it's the good stuff."

It's all "the good stuff." It may have 2% less handwork than Kiton, but who really cares?

It may have 10% less handwork than Cifonelli, but, again, who cares?

D'Avenza is a top-of-the-line ready to wear product: perhaps the best RTW product that ever existed. Perhaps not. Again, who cares?

So that d'Avenza deadstock on Ebay...

Get it while it lasts. It won't be made again, and NEVER, EVER, EVER at these post-market prices.

Enjoy

I also fully share your answer

sartoriale

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

The question is why nobody snagged it, yet? :)

The above mentioned sellers have the pre BrandAmour pieces and the prices are amazing!

On another note: Even though Brunello Cucinelli took some of the tailors of D'avenza the BC tailored selection is not in the same league.

Kunz

Reaction score
Hi,
I would like to purchase dead old stock d'avenza from eBay. I usually wear a 42s w36. (Stocky build). Most of the items are 42R. Do you think I could get an alteration? Or any other solution?

MarkWinter

Reaction score

MarkWinter

Reaction score
Forte unconstructed topcoat and double-breasted flannel suit from our current d'Avenza assortment.

WIN_3654_3000px90q.jpg

MarkWinter

Reaction score
Casual outerwear styled over tailoring in the Italian way. A grey Donegal suit is a great choice for this time of the year when you need technical outerwear and rubber sole shoes to survive the harsh weather. Not to mention it has a great character on its own too. We paired it with Loro Piana’s iconic Voyager jacket. We love the combination of the sturdy covert wool outer and the ultrasoft cashmere inside lining. The Kiton suede brogues finish off this suited ensemble in true Italian style.

WIN_3693_3000px90q.jpg

ViatoremDiEfa

Reaction score
I bought a few D'Avenza odd jacket, and I must say that these are the best I ever had. Such a shame that this brand is no longer alive! Luckily the company owners did not decide to burn all the unsold stock (like almost all other Italian brand luxury brands).

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I am not really sure how to go about this but will do myself to quietly announce something pretty amazing we are working on. Following on from the story revealed by @LuxGentleman, BrandArmour went bankrupt not long ago and in the most recent twist of events, the d'Avenza trademark was available once again.

As some of you might know, d'Avenza was effectively set up originally as a facility for Chester Barrie and a man by the name of Clay became the first MD of the facility and brand we call d'Avenza. The rest, as they say, is history and following a spell where d'Avenza made some of the finest tailoring in the world, the brand lost its way of sorts having changed hands multiple times.

Well at the same time as all of this in the background, Clay's son - Jonathan Clay has been working for over 29 years to set up his own tailoring facilities which supply some of the highest-end brands in the world with the handmade, Italian article. His facilities were built and operated following the very same principles (many formed by his father) that made the original and true d'Avenza product so coveted. I have shared a link to an interview Jonathan did with Permanent Style not long ago.

Recently, Jonathan acquired the rights to d'Avenza and d'Avenza Roma trademark once again with the intention to use his facility to revive the brand and restore it to it's former glory. Well, I am happy to announce that d'Avenza will be relaunching with Archibald over the coming weeks. The same d'Avenza... the original d'Avenza will be made available through our website as RTW made-to-order and priced through our disruptive pricing model.

Much more and formal announcements to come soon! I guess I wanted you to know first!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads