• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

For the golfers-What is your favorite golf shirt maker?

newport clothiers

Reaction score
What is your favorite golf shirt maker and fabric?

Does it matter that a shirt is made in asia or Italy?

take care

lisa

hangthree

Reaction score
I like J Lindeberg golf shirts or any others that are slim fit. I tend to favor cotton as I find the synthetics not very breathable.

I would have a slight preference for Made in Italy over China/HK/ etc.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the Nike dri-fit stuff.

TCN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't golf, but I have some friends who do (and occasionally I'm forced to partake), and let me go on record as objecting to any fine knit or synthetic shirt that exposes their tremendous guts or man-nipples further.

What's wrong with some good old fashioned cotton pique? If it's good enough for my squash and tennis purposes (which result in more exertion I assume), it should be good enough for golf.

SirWilliam

Reaction score
Pringle of Scotland used to make great ones... Bobby Jones makes some pretty nice ones but they are a pretty full cut.

HalfCanvas

Reaction score
Having worn Jeff Rose, Bobby Jones, etc., I have an undisputed favorite:

Marbas.

Marbas makes a few different lines. I have never tried the Black Label, because the quality of the Green Label is perfect to me. The Black Label fabrics are finer, but my concern is that wearability would decrease as a result.

Why do I like Marbas? (1) I can go one size down and get a perfect slim fit. With Bobby Jones, if I size down it's too tight in the chest. (2) The collar is easily the best. Perfect proportion, perfect button height. Holds up to wearings and washings. (3) The fabric is wonderful, as are the patterns. Washes well; holds its color. Fine without being sheer or too delicate. Patterns are classic but still modern and unique. Not stodgy like Bobby Jones can be. (4) Price point. Marbas is made in Italy, but the prices still seem to be around the $115 mark at retail -- a good 25% less than Bobby Jones for what I consider a superior shirt.

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.