• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For some reason the Allen Edmonds Park Avenue in Brown Texture and Bond Street in Brown Texture are not the same color.

AdaminPhilly

Reaction score
I ruined my Bond Streets but loved the color and the shoe. I was happy to find Park Avenues in the same color. Unfortunately they arrived today and they are much darker. It seems strange that the same company would have very different shades of the same color. I will return them. Bummer.

I really wish I didn't ruin my Bond Streets. I'd buy another pair if they weren't discontinued. Beautiful shoes.

stuffedsuperdud

Reaction score
Oh vey. Okay a few things to parse. It kind of sounds like you've given up and mostly are just trying to vent, but as long as you're here....

1.**** whoever told you you needed to use Renomat. That stuff is a solution to a largely made-up problem and is propagated by #menswear guys who learned of this stuff five minutes before telling everyone else about it.

2. What's with the rectangular fading pattern? I'm not a CSI technician, but it looks from here like you left a rag wet with Renomat on top of hte shoe and walked away.

3. Shoe cream (as opposed to wax) is recommended because it contains more pigment and is this more capable of restoring lost color. However, that is meant more for things like fading due to age, time in the sun, etc. The mess you made here will require actual Fiebing leather dye, which is basically just pigment suspended in solvent.

-but-

4. It sounds like you were quite attached to a specific shade of brown in the Bond Street, so there's probably no real point in you trying to re-dye it anyway, since it might be hard to recreate.

Anyway HERE IS THE ANSWER YOU SEEK to your question:
5. I see right this moment that the last few Bond Streets don't come in brown, but do come in black, brown texture, and mahogany. I looked and saw that Park Ave also comes in a color called "Brown texture" but it has a different code and is clearly a different color on the website so it's annoying that they used the same name twice, but it's more like they have the same word-name to two different, and differently coded, colors, not them being inconsistent with one color.

This isn't really an answer since you didn't really ask a question, I know. Sorry you did that, I guess. Hopefully you didn't throw them out at least; they can be easily brought back to a symmetric, wearable shade of brown with just a bit of dye and cream. And again, stop using Renomat.

Last edited:

AdaminPhilly

Reaction score
Oh vey. Okay a few things to parse. It kind of sounds like you've given up and mostly are just trying to vent, but as long as you're here....

1.**** whoever told you you needed to use Renomat. That stuff is a solution to a largely made-up problem and is propagated by #menswear guys who learned of this stuff five minutes before telling everyone else about it.

2. What's with the rectangular fading pattern? I'm not a CSI technician, but it looks from here like you left a rag wet with Renomat on top of hte shoe and walked away.

3. Shoe cream (as opposed to wax) is recommended because it contains more pigment and is this more capable of restoring lost color. However, that is meant more for things like fading due to age, time in the sun, etc. The mess you made here will require actual Fiebing leather dye, which is basically just pigment suspended in solvent.

-but-

4. It sounds like you were quite attached to a specific shade of brown in the Bond Street, so there's probably no real point in you trying to re-dye it anyway, since it might be hard to recreate.

Anyway HERE IS THE ANSWER YOU SEEK to your question:
5. I see right this moment that the last few Bond Streets don't come in brown, but do come in black, brown texture, and mahogany. I looked and saw that Park Ave also comes in a color called "Brown texture" but it has a different code and is clearly a different color on the website so it's annoying that they used the same name twice, but it's more like they have the same word-name to two different, and differently coded, colors, not them being inconsistent with one color.

This isn't really an answer since you didn't really ask a question, I know. Sorry you did that, I guess. Hopefully you didn't throw them out at least; they can be easily brought back to a symmetric, wearable shade of brown with just a bit of dye and cream. And again, stop using Renomat.

I'll stop using renomat. Any substitutions. I had them dyed black which looks nice.

I really appreciate your response.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There’s so much **** out there re: shoe care products, that it’s easy to think that caring for ones shoes requires the application of 1/2 dozen chemical products with French names.

Keep it simple! Leave the leather alone. Unless there’s a reason to do major work, then periodic conditioning is almost always all you need.

Regular rotation, brushing after wearing and shoe trees is pretty much all you need.

AdaminPhilly

Reaction score
There’s so much **** out there re: shoe care products, that it’s easy to think that caring for ones shoes requires the application of 1/2 dozen chemical products with French names.

Keep it simple! Leave the leather alone. Unless there’s a reason to do major work, then periodic conditioning is almost always all you need.

Regular rotation, brushing after wearing and shoe trees is pretty much all you need.
Also cream and wax polish, right?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics