• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For Sale--Edward Green (Asprey) 11UK/11.5US Willow Oak

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good Evening,
Recently bought these 11/11.5 202 EG's from fellow member gdl203 (who wore the shoes about 7 times TOTAL). Pictures (with no cleaning, cream/polish etc) are a very poor representation of these shoes as they are beautiful.....only problem....sadly they are just a touch large for me!!!!!!
I bought them for $350.00, an excellent price, wore them for an hour and will sell them for 290.00 (plus shipping of your choice at cost).
Honestly i am still in doubt if i want to sell these, so takem before i change my mind!
bounce2.gif

Regards.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
GDL gave you a very nice deal on these EGs.

Your deal at $290, is especially nice.

The shoes are beautiful.

You say that they are an 11-11.5 and they are a bit big on you. What size do you normally wear?

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear a 11/11.5 in my Mackay 888 last which is just right. The 202 and Camden in 89 last in the same exact size are just a little touch big.
I am looking at the shoes as we type and honestly i am still unsure if i should sell them as they truely are very nice and the willow oak.....its amazing!!
worship.gif

Regards.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shikar - so sorry to hear they don't fit! Someone who is a true UK11 should grab these while they can! The price is too good

Here are a couple more pics of the shoes

SmAspreyEGFront.jpg

DSC_0440.jpg

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Shikar - so sorry to hear they don't fit! Someone who is a true UK11 should grab these while they can! The price is too good
]

I don't know as much as you gentleman.

I've always thought that generally you go up 1 size converting English sizes to US sizes

That being the case, wouldn't these size 11UK EGs be closest to an American size 11.75-12?

Thanks

PS: In essence I'm thinking that if I am a true US size 11, then these UK size 11s would definitely be a bit big. Is that true?

vinouspleasure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
>>PS: In essence I'm thinking that if I am a true US size 11, then these UK size 11s would definitely be a bit big. Is that true?

yes

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vinouspleasure
>>PS: In essence I'm thinking that if I am a true US size 11, then these UK size 11s would definitely be a bit big. Is that true?

yes

I wear an orthotic which makes me need extra width eg 10.5 E or 11D/E and I have pair of 11/11.5 EGs in 202 and they fit me almost snug but comfortably. I would say that size is really closer to US11D or E for width and the rest is toe cap but not much.

WSW

Reaction score
I have these exact shoes and they are fantastic. I love the grainy texture on the leather and the construction is top notch. A very robust shoe. They're perfect for casual wear.

Duveen

Reaction score
I sold these shoes to GDL and they are beautiful in person. Good luck to the eventual buyer...

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wow, what a long strange trip it's been
laugh.gif
!

Duveen>GDL>Shikar>????

Our love of beautiful shoes is limitless.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oy!!

I love EG's willow grain leather and these are my size (US 11.75-12D), but I already own a pair of chunky wingtips....

.....Be strong, thinman, be strong....paging lawyerdad, lawyerdad to the rescue....

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thinman - these are much better than your other chunky wingtips !
devil.gif

They're a limited special discontinued edition too !

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
thinman - these are much better than your other chunky wingtips !
devil.gif

They're a limited special discontinued edition too !

Greg, you are an evil, evil man!

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, shoes were sold earlier and paid for! (2 people on wait list). They are going to California.... Damn, can one miss shoes? I feel almost sad....

Regards, Azam.
PS. Thanks SF.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads