1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

For Sale: Cartier, Hermes, and Bedat Watches

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by Otter91, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Otter91

Otter91 Senior member

A little update:

Thank you so much to everyone who has called or PMed me for a watch! The business is much appreciated.

We have recently received in new stock of the Ballon Bleu De Cartier in Stainless Steel! We currently have all sizes in stock and ready to ship.

From Hermes, we have recently received the H-Our Oxford. This is a really fun watch in the medium case size which has an orange strip running through the strap as well as the dial of the watch. It is available in brown, white, and black.

All the Best,

Ryan

P.S. We have some beautiful estate watches currently in stock as well. Look for pictures coming this afternoon.

2. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

where are teh estate watches?

3. mkarim

mkarim Senior member

+1

4. lorexa87

lorexa87 New Member

I am interested in a Bedat watch for my boyfriend. I found an online retailer that offers them at a discounted price. What do you think of those websites, are they reliable?

L.

5. Otter91

Otter91 Senior member

I am interested in a Bedat watch for my boyfriend. I found an online retailer that offers them at a discounted price. What do you think of those websites, are they reliable?

L.

Unfortunately, you are rolling the dice ordering from anyone who is not an authorized dealer. The great news is that I am quite competitive with online unauthorized retailers. If you let me know the model you are looking at I am happy to work on a price for you.

6. Otter91

Otter91 Senior member

+1

Sorry guys, we have had a slow period on gents estate watches. I have an Waltham pocket watch right now, and a two-tone Rolex Datejust with a white dial if anyone is interested I can post pics and we can discuss pricing. I hope to have some for you all soon!

-Ryan

7. mkarim

mkarim Senior member

Sorry guys, we have had a slow period on gents estate watches. I have an Waltham pocket watch right now, and a two-tone Rolex Datejust with a white dial if anyone is interested I can post pics and we can discuss pricing. I hope to have some for you all soon!

-Ryan

How is the two-tone Rolex Datejust in terms of style, look, etc?

8. Otter91

Otter91 Senior member

How is the two-tone Rolex Datejust in terms of style, look, etc?

It has the 38mm case, white dial, roman markers, fluted bezel, and jubilee bracelet. I am happy to post pictures of it this evening if you are interested. This is actually a watch I have personally owned for the last 4 years. I just had it overhauled about two months ago, it is in fantastic condition.

9. mkarim

mkarim Senior member

It has the 38mm case, white dial, roman markers, fluted bezel, and jubilee bracelet. I am happy to post pictures of it this evening if you are interested. This is actually a watch I have personally owned for the last 4 years. I just had it overhauled about two months ago, it is in fantastic condition.

Yes I'd like to see pics but am not too familiar with the Rolex line.

10. Otter91

Otter91 Senior member

As promised, here is a picture of the top view of the watch. Please let me know if you would like to see any other angles, or if you have any questions.

Ryan
    [​IMG]

11. lorexa87

lorexa87 New Member

12. Otter91

Otter91 Senior member

Here's the website where I found the watch. it's a Bedat no 7.
    http://bedatco.com/5-378516011-B002D...ess_Steel.html

Also what is the regular price for a Bedat?

Thank you!

L.

Hmmm link seems to be broken.

As for your question about regular price for "a" Bedat, that is a bit tricky. They range from about $1500 for a ladies Ref.304 with a quartz movement in stainless up well past $50-60K for some of their jeweled models.

BTW, I would be very leery of any website using the watch makers trademarked name in their URL. Seems pretty fishy to me. Just my .02

13. lorexa87

lorexa87 New Member

I tried to edit my other message...

Maybe I simply can't add links[​IMG]

Anyhow, this one is quite cheap...1,099.99 for a Bedat no 7 for men.
    There's one beauty that would look perfect on my wrist [​IMG], but I don't think I'll get one for my birthday.

L.

14. Otter91

Otter91 Senior member

I tried to edit my other message...

Maybe I simply can't add links[​IMG]

Anyhow, this one is quite cheap...1,099.99 for a Bedat no 7 for men.
    There's one beauty that would look perfect on my wrist [​IMG], but I don't think I'll get one for my birthday.

L.

The price is quite cheap. Unfortunately, that watch is discontinued, and has been for a couple of years, thus, they are able to offer it at a very discounted price.

One caution I will give you is that Bedat may not carry parts for that watch anymore, and if the watch is purchased from an unauthorized dealer (which I assume they are) you have no warranty. So, if a part needs to be made for the watch, you are out of pocket on it.

I only say this because we had a similar situation arrise recently with a No. 8, and because the warranty was still in effect, the customer paid nothing for the parts that needed to be manufactured.

15. farfisa23

farfisa23 Senior member

Do they make a Cape Cod Maxi in an Automatic? If so, can you PM me, I would like to buy one.

16. Otter91

Otter91 Senior member

Do they make a Cape Cod Maxi in an Automatic? If so, can you PM me, I would like to buy one.

As of this year, they do make a Cape Cod Maxi Automatic, it contains the Parmigiani Fleurier H1 movement, which is an advent of the new relationship between Hermes and Parmigiani. Please see attached pictures, and please check your PM for pricing and info.

All the best,

Ryan
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Otter91

Otter91 Senior member

no, no, no, wear your skirts and heels girls, it may be uncomfortable for a little bit but u will look so much better in the pub if you look like u have made an effort, u will get my vote anyway

???

At first I thought this was [​IMG] but not sure what the angle is.

18. Dw3610wm

Dw3610wm Senior member

great honest thead; free bump

[​IMG]

19. Otter91

Otter91 Senior member

great honest thead; free bump

[​IMG]

Thanks for the comments guys. Unfortunately, I am no longer dealing in Cartier, due to Cartier's new company wide policy (they closed about 50% of their retail doors). I will keep you updated as to any new lines. Thank you all for the support

20. Kliaigre

Kliaigre New Member

Hi there,

Do you have the Hermes maxi black face with a crocodile strap? If so, how much are you asking for that watch? Even more rare is the same watch with a double tour crocodile strap.

Thanks,

Ken