• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For any more 'fit' person on here, what brand of polo

Mark49

Reaction score
Is high quality, yet fits well? I'm about 5'9''-5'10'', 190 and lean, but can't seem to find any quality clothing brands that fit well, and i'd really appreciate it if anyone had any recommendations. Fred Perry fits pretty well if that helps at all.

I've tried using the search button, but it hasn't been very helpful.

Thanks,
Mark

Zackb911

Reaction score
I'm about the same, just slightly taller. RL Custom Fit Polos in a Large fit me very well. I also hear good things about Lacoste Slim fit ones though I've yet to try them.

Mark49

Reaction score
XL custom fits by RL fit well, but I'm trying to find something a little higher quality. The RLPL polos flare too far out at the bottom, so those aren't an option.

Lacoste slim fits are too small for my shoulders :/

Thanks though

thunderthighs

Reaction score
I'm a bit bigger, 6'0, 200, 42 chest 32 waist, and agree that RL custom fit in L fits decently well. Surprisingly, I've also found Merona (Target's house brand) "Ultimate Polo" in M to also fit very well especially after a hot wash and dry.

EDIT: The Meronas seem to stretch significantly with wearing (and sweating, as is usual in Southern California) so I sized down one more to Small.

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
under armour /thread

gastarbeider

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark49
Is high quality, yet fits well? I'm about 5'9''-5'10'', 190 and lean, but can't seem to find any quality clothing brands that fit well, and i'd really appreciate it if anyone had any recommendations. Fred Perry fits pretty well if that helps at all. I've tried using the search button, but it hasn't been very helpful. Thanks, Mark[/
gym rat, or deluded?

Mark49

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gastarbeider
gym rat, or deluded?

gym rat.... Been going for ~3 years now.... Not bullshitting myself, or you guys for that matter

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark49
Is high quality, yet fits well? I'm about 5'9''-5'10'', 190 and lean, but can't seem to find any quality clothing brands that fit well, and i'd really appreciate it if anyone had any recommendations. Fred Perry fits pretty well if that helps at all.

I've tried using the search button, but it hasn't been very helpful.

Thanks,
Mark

Damn bro you soopa fat

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
j crew. ralph lauren custom fit have a stupid tennis tail

Zackb911

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
j crew. ralph lauren custom fit have a stupid tennis tail
The Custom Fit ones I have do not, the regular fit do... Maybe you should look into finding ones which fit in the chest and shoulders, them paying an alterations/tailor to take in the waist. Would probably cost $10-15 per shirt.

Mark49

Reaction score
Which still goes back to the original question: Which companies make quality polos with quality materials?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads