• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted, and where you will find more and more great sales posted as Black Friday approacheds, HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

for all you nycers

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sacrificing space for location/transport? Classic. Many of us do it.

Where did you end up?

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
90s and CPW.  Ironically, it was about the same I would pay on the UES off York Ave., and only about $100/month more than comparable places in Williamsburg, Park Slope North, and Brooklyn Heights.  I also considered Hoboken for a bit, until I calculated my commute to the UES.  Again, the savings wasn't sufficiently substantial to merit the move.

EDIT: It sounds more impressive than it looks. I have bars on my windows, overlooking the trash for my building.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats.

Time to change the location under your avatar, tho'. You are in the 'burbs no longer.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
90s and CPW.  Ironically, it was about the same I would pay on the UES off York Ave., and only about $100/month more than comparable places in Williamsburg, Park Slope North, and Brooklyn Heights.  I also considered Hoboken for a bit, until I calculated my commute to the UES.  Again, the savings wasn't sufficiently substantial to merit the move.

EDIT: It sounds more impressive than it looks.  I have bars on my windows, overlooking the trash for my building.
Hey I'm in a similar situation in the 70's and Columbus. Bars on the window and a view of the trash. Has been like that for 3 years and will be like that for another 2. Too poor to move and it requires too much inertia. I have to disassemble all my furniture to get it out the door. *sigh*

naturlaut

Reaction score
90s and CPW.  
That's nice. I used to live around that area for a while, back in the days when the B train was still running all the way downtown.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's