• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For all you Lobbophiles - Sale 12/4 - 12/9

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
John Lobb is having a sale at their New York store - 680 Madison Avenue. Obviously the young British lass I spoke with couldn't give me any details as it wouldn't be fair to others, but it will be from Monday, December 4 - Saturday, December 9 (they're open 10am - 6pm).

hopkins_student

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From your experience from past Lobb sales, does anyone know what the typical discount is on Prestige models and if they're likely to have new models (Becketts or Luffield) and/or classics like the Phillip II and Jermyn II on sale?

Thanks, H_S.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will they accept telephone orders? Is the sale restricted only to current stock?

Enquiring minds *need* to know.

argoth

Reaction score
Excellent news! Thanks for sharing. Perhaps I'll see (race) some of you there.
laugh.gif
Arg ~ I'll be the poorly dressed younger guy with the nice shoes.
smile.gif

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hopkins_student
From your experience from past Lobb sales, does anyone know what the typical discount is on Prestige models and if they're likely to have new models (Becketts or Luffield) and/or classics like the Phillip II and Jermyn II on sale?

Thanks, H_S.

Models like Jermyn II, Portman and Phillip II seemingly never go on sale. The newer models like Becketts and Luffield will also likely not be reduced as they won't even be a year old. Prestiege models like Haddon, Fardon, Welham are much more likely to be on sale.

As for pricing, I've seen everyhting from 30% to 65% off, you never know.

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hopkins_student

Thanks, H_S.

Last time it was 40% off all sale shoes, including Prestige line. New models are very unlikely to be on sale.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by von Rothbart
Last time it was 40% off all sale shoes, including Prestige line. New models are very unlikely to be on sale.

With tax, that's still almost $950 for Prestiege.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy

A bahgain!

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy

It's 40% off original price. My 2004 Vintage had an original price of $1280, it's around $800 after 40% off and tax. It seemed to me that they didn't mark up old stocks to their current prices.

argoth

Reaction score
The wound from that chestnut Sutton at the To Boot sale is still fresh. Half a size!!! Why?! WHY?!

I'm just looking for a little healing.
smile.gif

Arg

pkincy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by von Rothbart
It's 40% off original price. My 2004 Vintage had an original price of $1280, it's around $800 after 40% off and tax. It seemed to me that they didn't mark up old stocks to their current prices.

Yes, the Vintage 2004 in Pepper was 50% off ($640 plus $25 shipping for $664 which included shoe trees!) Try that on Ebay! And for firsts not seconds.

Beautiful shoe as Aportnoy said. They arrived today. I will take pictures tomorrow or the next day and post them along with the Red Lord 2006 that came in from London.

Perry

pkincy

Reaction score
And here the 2004 in Pepper is. It is flanked by my antique cognac Vass U last and my 2004 in Chestnut Velvet Calf.

2006_1216shoes0028.jpg

Good sale and great deal at 50% off.

Perry

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads