• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Footwear for pool/beach (not sandals)

jamesbond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRA8324
espradilles

They really shouldn't be worn anywhere outside of the pool/beach/boat. Then you'll just look like every other hipster with a pair of Tom's.

I've been looking to pick up some espadrilles the last month or so but haven't really found any great source. I like the striped Ibiza one's from that site. Any idea on the sizing, since they don't stock half sizes?

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gwarg
Thanks for the info! I'm going to head there as soon as possible!

No problem. I had to get a new batch in January, and they had several different styles then. They don't have the traditional rope bottom, mind you (they're rubber instead), but for £2 a pair, and for beach use, they still look pretty good.

Originally Posted by TRINI
H&M is also a good source for this sort of disposable footwear.

Yup, good call. Though H&M is like Savile Row compared to Primark!

IsteRed

Reaction score
I once saw a 1000+$ leather flip flops in Dubai,made from ostrich leather or something,crazy.

jamesbond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IsteRed
I once saw a 1000+$ leather flip flops in Dubai,made from ostrich leather or something,crazy.

Gucci was producing espadrilles each spring for the last few years but I'm not seeing any this year. Not that I would pay anywhere near the $350+ they were asking but they did look very nice.

Uncle Ernie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by raiderbuck
I wear my Sperry's. I got two pair of boat shoes, and a pair of canvas sneakers.

Originally Posted by Axel Ferguson
As it's written.

Alright, to only slightly butcher it: es-pah-dree(l)-yes. That l kinda depends on where the Spanish is spoken.

It's actually French... Trust me on that one!

dixon65

Reaction score
Running shoes or Old footwear. Mostly I used these myself and it performs perfectly. I wouldn't suggest this is you are swimming long distances as this footwear can be quite complicated.
Above Ground Pools

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics