• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FOOTBALL • VOETBAL • FÚTBOL • CALCIO • FUTEBOL - 2013-2014 THREAD

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chelsea apparently submitted an offer for Rooney. Interesting.

I don't know if the plan is actually to acquire him or just to sour the United dressing room just as Moyes is trying to get off on the right foot. Rooney wants to leave badly and the other rich clubs who were publicly in the market for a striker have picked them up already, so I don't know who else would take him.

It seems silly for United to sell to an EPL rival though, as I say I don't know what to make of it.

I would like to see De Rossi @ Chelsea, the press were talking it up a few days ago but it has been replaced with Rooney stories.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
jovetic to city. now rpts say chelsea is chasing higuain - i heard he is going to napoli!

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tito just stepped down as Barça coach. Club is having some serious issues right now.

mr usneun

Reaction score
We sold Santos...finally Arsenal are getting serious at the transfer window.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And Higgy's gone to Napoli

A sad, sad day to be a Madridista. Guess I'll finally have to start following Serie A with this influx of Argentine strikers - Palacio and Icardi at Inter, Tévez at Juve and now Hig at Napoli.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Who knows anything about Dutch football? Roma have acquired Kevin Strootman (?) - supposed to be good!

* He kinda looks like RVP :happy:

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Who knows anything about Dutch football? Roma have acquired Kevin Strootman (?) - supposed to be good!

Strootman is a very skilled box-to-box style midfielder and Dutch international. He was targeted by ManU, but for whatever reason has gone to Roma. Good, good pickup.

In other news, Blatter confirms a Winter World Cup in 2022. :fu:

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Strootman is good, very talented. Not sure how they'll fit him, de Rossi, and Bradley into one midfield, though. Any ideas?

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Strootman is good, very talented. Not sure how they'll fit him, de Rossi, and Bradley into one midfield, though. Any ideas?

:uhoh:

* morgan desanctis, napoli keeper arrives at trigoria

Last edited:

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Let's see what happens with Bale. And Suarez. And Rooney. LOL

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads