• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FOOTBALL • VOETBAL • FÚTBOL • CALCIO • FUTEBOL - 2013-2014 THREAD

zatarregaza

Reaction score
I'm facing a decision regarding cable/internet provider. I have Time Warner where I have BeIn Sport and a lot of Spanish league at hand. I'm considering changing over to AT&T Uverse who does NOT have BeIn Sport but they do have Gol TV. How do the two compare? Since I watch a ton of soccer/futbol probably 90% of my decision will be based on this.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BeIN, as you know, carries La Liga almost exclusively outside of Spain. They also have a great selection of other matches - as far as I know, they're the channel with the most games period (Serie A, Ligue 1, tons of WCQ, and a good dabbing of of English matches)

GolTV, I believe still has the Bundesliga, but that's about their only claim to fame. Probably some South American leagues too.

BeIN made tons of headlines last year for swooping in and effectively eviscerating GolTV's various programming, as well as ESPN generally (NBC taking the EPL didn't help ESPN either). I'd probably stick w/ BeIN, but that's just me.

xudisco07

Reaction score

I'm facing a decision regarding cable/internet provider. I have Time Warner where I have BeIn Sport and a lot of Spanish league at hand. I'm considering changing over to AT&T Uverse who does NOT have BeIn Sport but they do have Gol TV. How do the two compare? Since I watch a ton of soccer/futbol probably 90% of my decision will be based on this.

I was watching beIN yesterday and Ray mentioned it was just added to U-verse: http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=24780&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=36979&mapcode=consumer|U-verse

B2C2V

Reaction score
I used to catch up soccer news at the 10 PM Fox Soccer channel (in the US). Now it seems no longer available with the introduction of the Fox Sport 1 and NBC Sports taking over the EPL US broadcasting right. Where do you get your daily recap nowadays (in US). Thanks.

xudisco07

Reaction score

I used to catch up soccer news at the 10 PM Fox Soccer channel (in the US). Now it seems no longer available with the introduction of the Fox Sport 1 and NBC Sports taking over the EPL US broadcasting right. Where do you get your daily recap nowadays (in US). Thanks.

I believe ESPN and NBC sports have daily show.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I believe ESPN and NBC sports have daily show.

Fox Soccer still has a daily show, but it is earlier (7 pm, I think) and is on Fox Soccer Plus. I believe it's called Fox Soccer Daily and is only a half hour, and has a completely different crew/studio/format. Gone are the goofy Canadians (R.I.P. Bobby McMahon). It's Eric Wynalda, Warren Barton, etc. broadcasting from a much flashier set located in an L.A. studio. I'v e only seen it a couple of times - can't tell if things will settle down as the season gets under way but my impression is that it won't be as good for the overall recap and synopsis of news & scores from the European leagues.

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:slayer:

US qualifies for Brazil by giving a solid thump to Mexico. Tomátela -

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dos a cero!

...again!
...for the fourth time in a row!

Mexico must hate playing here, more than we hate playing in Azteca

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dos a cero!

...again!
...for the fourth time in a row!

Mexico must hate playing here, more than we hate playing in Azteca

I really hope Dempsey didn't deliberately fluff that PK at the end for the sake of the scoreline... It was so wide as to measure "ridiculous"

zatarregaza

Reaction score
Judging by how bad his last PK was - he barely made it after blasting it down the middle, maybe he just sucks at taking them.

Mark Anthony

Reaction score
That PK miss might just save Mexico in the end (at least to get to playoff vs NZ)

They are 5th right now based on tiebreaker so any greater margin of goal difference would only sink them more.

Congrats to the USA though, I believe they deserve to win the group in the end as well.

Pleasantly surprised by my Italians, winning with two games to spare in what I thought looked like the toughest overall group in Europe. Balo needs to tutor Dempsey....

The Danes are clawing their way back at a chance for playoff after a disasterous start to the competition.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone watching the Conmebol WC qualifiers? :confused:

Uruguay - Colombia = good game :box:

Paraguay - Argentina = Argentina looked strong :wow:

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Colombia will probably still qualify, but they're not looking as sharp as when they got über-hot last year.

Argentina are Argentina. Hope they hit the Semis, at least, next year.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Last edited:

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Best goal I have seen in years:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads