• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Footage and Top Gear banter of Richard Hammond's crash

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He still looks a bit shaken up rewatching that, but so glad to see he's healthy and back at it.
Hammond crash on 'Top Gear' LONDON: Footage of television presenter Richard Hammond's high-speed smash in a jet-powered car that left him critically-injured will be shown on TV for the first time. The BBC programme Top Gear co-presenter said he thought he was going to die after he lost control of a Vampire Dragster at 288mph and the car flipped over while he was filming a feature for the show on an RAF airfield near York last September. Hammond, known as "Hamster" to his legion of fans, suffered brain damage and was in a coma but is expected to make a full recovery. Last month Hammond told Jonathan Ross in his first TV interview that he had no memory of two weeks of his life after the incident. "I was driving and then it was two weeks later and I was in Leeds (hospital)," he said. "Apparently I was awake on the way to the helicopter and I got a bit fighty, I wanted to do a piece to camera, but my eyes were pointing in different directions," he said of his trip by air ambulance to Leeds General Infirmary.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whah, I don't have broadband and can't see -- is he on a new ep of TopGear discussing it, what the first of the season? Glad he's doing ok.

~ Huntsman

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, he's back and they're talking about the crash. He looks a little a weak (as you tend to after spending a long time more or less immobile in a hospital recovering), but he more or less looks fine. Which makes me happy.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, A. If that wasn't a Hamster quote there it was a good imitation.

Me too, btw.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, even that 3D rendering really shows how quickly the sequence of events went from the tire blowing to the car coming to a complete stop.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads