• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Foolish purchase?

toplel

Reaction score
I bought these a couple years ago when I had less of a clue what I was doing.

I was thinking of them with dark jeans, as an alternative to desert boots.

Useable or no?

3twdeeE.jpg

oSbYEbW.jpg

maxalex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are certainly odd—not necessarily a bad thing depending on your personality. But what’s up with the laces?

toplel

Reaction score
They are certainly odd—not necessarily a bad thing depending on your personality. But what’s up with the laces?
Those are the laces they came with. I'm thinking they'd be better with normal laces - still not sure they'd be useable though.

When I was younger I could wear off-beat things successfully. Unfortunately that no longer applies.

Tobes

Reaction score
They aren't the worst kind of alternative to what you're after. A bit of a twist on that desert boot style. They're probably best suited to casual or smart/casual events.

I'm sure you could wear them occasionally to more casual events, so maybe there is room for them. Otherwise, yeah, donate them and find a shoe more suited to what you're looking for.

Reaction score
A good polish and some new laces could make them a decent wear for easy cool street style.
Odd but not a really bad design.

paxonus

Reaction score
They look like Earth Shoes. Anyone her old enough to remember these? The height at the heel was lower than at the ball of the foot.

6b48e7fc3aa0d9f93b40b0a15757b024--earth-shoes-school-memories.jpg

Anachronist

Reaction score
Hate to say it, but i share paxonus' view. They look like health shoes for problem feet. If they are comfortable, wear them for gardening or a walk in the woods, but not sure you can make not much of them even with a good polish. It's the shape of the toebox that will give them away even with a mirror polish, I'm afraid.

GT-R

Reaction score
lol what the **** were you thinking? Throw them ***** away.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads