1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Foofy got busted last night!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LaoHu, Aug 10, 2009.

1. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

Some of the more long winded posters over at AAAC dogpiled on me when I mentioned the leather quality at AE had declined in the recent past, accused me of being a sock puppet, and went so far as to demand incontrovertible quantifiable evidence of my claim.

Twas a warm welcome for an avowed fan of the brand......

There was an interesting post about the state of AE, with measurements and photos showing how the double soles were now much less thick and comparing stitching, workmanship, etc. Was that there? It seems to have been forgotten quickly. I'd have hoped that would have at least opened the door to a bit more discussion.

2. emmanuel

emmanuel Senior member

A thread about a thread where grown men get disgruntled over shoe talk. Really?

3. greekgeek

greekgeek Senior member

There was an interesting post about the state of AE, with measurements and photos showing how the double soles were now much less thick and comparing stitching, workmanship, etc. Was that there? It seems to have been forgotten quickly. I'd have hoped that would have at least opened the door to a bit more discussion.

No, but someone did link to that demonstation. JLib made some observations with the micrometer though.

A short while later (right about the time I found an old AE pamphlet describing how to check the quality of good calf leather) the thread was locked.

4. ld111134

ld111134 Senior member

It wasn't always like that. It was interesting once, if conservative.

Ask ev'ry person if he's heard the story, and tell it strong and clear if he has not, that once there was a fleeting wisp of glory ...

"Camelot", Doc?

5. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

AAC really love AE for some reason that I don't understand...

6. robin

robin Senior member

AAAC really love AE for some reason that I don't understand...
    They're the best shoes you can buy at Joseph Banks.

7. DocHolliday

"Camelot", Doc?
    I cut off the end of the line because the full monty seemed a bit much. But I did like it quite a lot, back in the day. [​IMG]

8. Tck13

Tck13 Senior member

Now I remember why I don't post at AAAC anymore.

9. Kei-bon

Kei-bon Senior member

I cut off the end of the line because the full monty seemed a bit much.
    [​IMG]

you mean, because it sounds a bit bizarre?

10. DocHolliday

you mean, because it sounds a bit bizarre?
    I know it sounds a bit bizarre, but in Camelot, Camelot, that's how conditions are. Or rather, for the forums: In war we're tough and able, quite indefatigable. Between our quests we sequin vests and impersonate Clark Gable.

11. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

but AE goes well with my Carlo Franco ties and Docker pants.

12. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

I heard a 720 welt. The shoes spin around on your feet, to avoid any creasing.

Great God in his Heaven, let there not be creasing!

- B

Quite clearly, the best way to avoid creasing is to wear your shoes whilst your shoe trees are still in them, as we all know that shoe trees help to avoid creasing.

Of course, this may well require the purchase of shoes that are about ten sizes too large for your feet...