Foofy got busted last night!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LaoHu, Aug 10, 2009.

1. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

AAAC just doesn't understand the foof.
    Maybe it can't handle the Foof.
    Trashing the aesthetics of AE and proposing in it's place Alden is akin to trashing the health benefits of cigarettes and proposing in its place a good dose of Meth.
    They give me something to do with my hands.
    I heard a 720 welt. The shoes spin around on your feet, to avoid any creasing.

[​IMG]

Right round like a record, baby Right round, round, round.

I want your loooooOOOOOOOOOwwwooooooOOOOOOOOOOwwwwooooooOOOoove.

I want your loooooOOOOOOOOOwwwooooooOOOOOOOOOOwwwwooooooOOOoove.

etc.

2. mafoofan

mafoofan THE FOO Dubiously Honored

You guys should see what they're saying about me at FNB.

3. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Senior member

You guys should see what they're saying about me at FNB.

Silly. Who doesn't look a little stiff trying to take staged photos to showcase clothing?

4. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

LOL. Once every year there is a thread there worth reading. Thank you for pointing out this years model.

This is a good example of the soft bigotry of low expectations.

5. robin

robin Senior member

Foof,

All you need now is to have your picture taken by the Sartorialist.

6. Mild Mannered

Mild Mannered Senior member

What I do support Mr. Foo on with the AAAC thread is one point only; that being Moderators.
    Mr. Foo could have used some finesse with his words there, however,
    no matter the fora, no moderator should ever ban or threaten to ban when someone speaks their mind. That destroys freedom of speech. The moderator who threatened Mr. Foo, should have his Mod privileges revoked and also apologise to Mr. Foo for the threatening behaviour.
    What the AAAC Moderator should have done, was to stop any gang-style flaming on one person for speaking his (her) mind.
    The overall atmosphere over at AAAC is comparable to a funeral parlor whereas SF is more like a Techno club & the hang-over that comes after.
    If anyone was able to wake the dead over at AAAC, it was Mr. Foo. And he did it with only 2 posts. [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

What I do support Mr. Foo on with the AAAC thread is one point only; that being Moderators.
    Mr. Foo could have used some finesse with his words there, however,
    no matter the fora, no moderator should ever ban or threaten to ban when someone speaks their mind. That destroys freedom of speech. The moderator who threatened Mr. Foo, should have his Mod privileges revoked and also apologise to Mr. Foo for the threatening behaviour.
    What the AAAC Moderator should have done, was to stop any gang-style flaming on one person for speaking his (her) mind.
    The overall atmosphere over at AAAC is comparable to a funeral parlor whereas SF is more like a Techno club & the hang-over that comes after.
    If anyone was able to wake the dead over at AAAC, it was Mr. Foo. And he did it with only 2 posts. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Brilliant.

8. Szeph el raton

Szeph el raton Senior member

Wow! The shoe creasing thread at FNB. Simply wow. Especially the guy saying he chops wood in his Vass shoes. That's like taking your Porsche to get crap from the home improvement market because it's just a car and it doesn't matter if it looks used. And the part about when they were at school... destroying another childs shoes because they look new... that is so retarded, I wonder if they ever had any education?! [​IMG] On the original topic, I have to agree with the Foo. AE are quite underwhelming, especially for the price here in Europe (regular AE retail at appr. 510 US$ where I live. You nearly get C&J for that money or 2 pair of Loake1880). They may be a nice bang for the buck on Sale in USA, but other than that, meh.

9. UpperWestie

UpperWestie Senior member

^^yeah but if you wore AE with an Abercrombie shirt and Banana Republic pants your would be COOL in Europe! At least thats what the bags carried by the throngs of Euro tourists on 5th ave suggests to me...

10. mossrockss

mossrockss Senior member

hey now!
    i'm wearing a pair of AEs with BR pants right this minute!
    don't take away my child-like innocence and joy from having just recently gained an appreciation for not looking homeless!

11. mafoofan

hey now!
    don't take away my child-like innocence and joy from having just recently gained an appreciation for not looking homeless!

One or two pairs of Allen Edmonds signifies innocence, even courage under some circumstances. A vast collection of Allen Edmonds shoes signifies an irrevocable, lifetime AAAC membership. Choose wisely.

12. Mark from Plano

Mark from Plano Lifestyle change - no homo

One or two pairs of Allen Edmonds signifies innocence, even courage under some circumstances. A vast collection of Allen Edmonds shoes signifies involuntary and irrevocable AAAC membership. Choose wisely.

And five pair of the same Alden longwing signifies...?

13. mafoofan

And five pair of the same Alden longwing signifies...?

Genius and a spot in Esquire [​IMG].

14. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

One or two pairs of Allen Edmonds signifies innocence, even courage under some circumstances. A vast collection of Allen Edmonds shoes signifies involuntary and irrevocable AAAC membership. Choose wisely.

There is only one out, and that is the JLibourel Allen Edmonds Out, or the JLAEO.

To earn it, you must (a) have had long but similarly checkered life and (b) be a good shot.

- B

15. Szeph el raton

Szeph el raton Senior member

hey now!

I'd buy the Mora in brown or the McClain in brown-bone without hesitation because they are nice styles that are only found at higher prices otherwise. But for most shoes there is an more elegant alternative from another brand at a similar price point. But eh, everyone has a different taste. At UK7 clunky shoes make my feet look square.