• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Food Processor recommendations?

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a food processor coming my way, but have to decide which full size model to choose. Jesus, there are a million seemingly identical machines. Cuisinart alone seems to produce a thousand models in each size.

Any informed opinions out there? Kitchen Aid or Cuisinart? One model over another? I will mostly be using it to make dough, do quick chops, a bit of blending, grating, etc. After grating beets yesterday for a borscht, I'm definitely understanding the appeal.

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
You interested in the Consumer Reports ratings?

Sure, anything that might help my decision. As it is, they all look pretty much the same. Too busy/apathetic to parse all the info out there.

rahimlee54

Reaction score
I cook rather often and I have a kitchen aid processor, blender, and mixer. They have all held up pretty well and the containers are pretty high quality plastic. I got most of them on really good rebates so I am not sure they the best of the best but for what I paid I plan on keeping them around for quit some time.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by airportlobby
Sure, anything that might help my decision. As it is, they all look pretty much the same. Too busy/apathetic to parse all the info out there.
Ask and ye shall receive:
foodprocessorratings.png

random-adam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My mother owns a Cuisinart that's been used at least twice weekly for over 40 years now. Dad got her a new one for Christmas and she doesn't understand why, since the old one still works just fine. As a result whenever someone says "food processor," I hear "Cuisinart" (in much the same way "stand mixer" = "KitchenAid").

That's my background on the topic. I purchased this model three years ago and am quite pleased with it. It's on the lower end of capacities, but it's all I need.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i've got a 30-year-old cuisinart at home and a 15-year-old kitchenaid in the test kitchen. they're both good. my only advice will be to avoid the "mini choppers" ... just don't do nearly enough to warrant the cost or the hassle.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a cheapie - but I've been planning to upgrade to a Bosch 3 in 1 that has a kitchen-aid style stand mixer in addition to blender/processor. It's got mad horse-power.

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Thermomix.
That would definitely test the generosity, or level of endearment, of the the gift giver. It's my mom, so I probably don't want to know the answer to that one. Thanks for jpeg, Rambo.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by airportlobby
That would definitely test the generosity, or level of endearment, of the the gift giver. It's my mom, so I probably don't want to know the answer to that one. Thanks for jpeg, Rambo.
No problem. 2 things for what they're worth: -CR has been having a hard on for Cuisinart products lately. In reality, they aren't quite that good, at least not all of them so take it with a grain of salt. -After finding out about their ****** warranty on their blenders the hard way, I won't ever buy another KitchenAid electronic product for as long as I live.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
the 22lb Kitchenaid sounds pretty good if you're gonna be doing dough in it. To me, a food processor is all about stability of the base.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
-CR has been having a hard on for Cuisinart products lately. In reality, they aren't quite that good, at least not all of them so take it with a grain of salt.

-After finding out about their ****** warranty on their blenders the hard way, I won't ever buy another KitchenAid electronic product for as long as I live.

most cuisinart products are pretty disappointing. the amazing thing about a food processor is that essentially, it's a pretty simple piece of machinery. Just a fairly low-rev electric motor, a plastic box and a blade. even a blender is more complicated because it's got different speeds and a much higher rev. in fact, iirc, there was a business school case study several years ago that used cuisinart as an example because they built a perfect product that never broke down ... but once they'd saturated the market for that product, what next?
as for blenders, i had bad lunch with my kitchenaid, too. but to be honest, i've never had a blender that i was totally happy with. and no, matt, i'm not going to buy a thermo-mix.

jobro

Reaction score
15 year old version of the Braun Multiquick 7 still going strong here. Highly recommended. I see it comes with a stainless steal mixing bowl now, thats neat.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jobro
15 year old version of the Braun Multiquick 7 still going strong here. Highly recommended. I see it comes with a stainless steal mixing bowl now, thats neat.
Why would you want a stainless bowl? How would you see how the pulsing/chopping was coming along? Seems like it would be more of a hassle than anything else.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads