• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fonzworth bentley?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now... his taste in watches on the other hand...
eek.gif

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never realized what my suits were missing until I saw that umbrella straw from a beach resort drink jammed through the lapel of his suit.

elgreco

Reaction score
I remember that Conan episode actually, and was cracking up at how Conan was preening in that ridiculously small jacket and the tie with the ginormous knot. But, the Sartoralist snapped FB recently in Paris, and I didn't hate it at all:
1259bf.jpg

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by suited
I never realized what my suits were missing until I saw that umbrella straw from a beach resort drink jammed through the lapel of his suit.

This would actually be brilliant on a linen blazer in the summer. Consider it done.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by elgreco
I remember that Conan episode actually, and was cracking up at how Conan was preening in that ridiculously small jacket and the tie with the ginormous knot.

But, the Sartoralist snapped FB recently in Paris, and I didn't hate it at all:

1259bf.jpg

Very nice.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kappa Brandon
i dont really see how anyone could dislike the picture above

His knees are too pointy.

Kappa Brandon

Reaction score
damn, i didnt even notice that...yeah...i liked it until i saw THAT

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Heez a rapper?
confused.gif
Pix mostly look good - I'd guess his name is more of an annoyance than his sense of style.....

* edit - wait! this is puffy's umbrella holder?!?! it's very hard to recover from that misstep.

Imperator

Reaction score
I think he's great. Some misses, certainly, but his hits are quite brilliant. Too many members of this forum are scared of bright colors. While quiet elegance has its place, there's no reason a fit young man in the entertainment business should strive to precisely mimic styles of formal dress formulated for a much older, more conservative set.

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Imperator
Too many members of this forum are scared of bright colors.--------- strive to precisely mimic styles of formal dress formulated for a much older, more conservative set.

I think these are two good points. Bright colors have a place on anyone who feels it represents their style. Darker complected people have done this forever and there is no reason a lighter person (vox) can't do it either.

Second, ultra conservative style is cool but it's not the ideal. It's one of many.

just thoughts

Reaction score
I'm a fan - at times. I think that he's really toned things down quite a bit. And even when he brings the noise, it works well for him.

And that's all that matters.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by elgreco

1259bf.jpg

this is really good. Like others have said, if he posted this picture with no name and no face we'd be getting tons of
worship.gif
and
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
on WAYRN.

At the same time, I think others' opinions have been affected by the way he USED TO dress....which was quite ostentatious.

The outfit above and some of his other looks recently is really the maturity and evolution of his style. I think he figured out how to REALLY dress. Good for him.

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
Just 'cause you all can't dress as well as he does not make him a douche.

Haters.

the question was just about his credibility, and as far as writing about style, i don't think he has much. the tone of his book made him seem like a douche to me. that said, i think he is much more effective from a "do as i do, not as i say" approach. no one can argue with some of the pictures that have been posted here being extremely stylish. but his ability to talk about style IMHO is wanting.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads