• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Follow-up on Tie Cleaning

KevinR

Reaction score
Looks I had some success here.

What happened was that I got a bit of salad oil on a tie. Not alot, but enough to make a slightly noticable mark. I didn't want go to the dry cleaners with it. Reading this forum and AA has scared my off.

I took Andy's advice on the baby powder. I made a paste and smeared it over the mark. After it dryed, I brushed it off and used a baby wipe to clean the area ( If you don't have kids or haven't tried these, you'd be amazed at how many things these clean off). I took a blow dryer and on low dryed it. You could leave it to air dry, but I was anxious to see. There doesn't seem to be anymore mark, so I am quite pleased. Granted it probably wasn't the best tie made, but I really like it.

So thanks everyone for the advice

Kevin

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
...and used a baby wipe to clean the area ( If you don't have kids or haven't tried these, you'd be amazed at how many things these clean off).
Yes, they are amazing. Congrats on the tie. I did take a tie to the dry cleaners that I'm picking up today, a Zegna no less. (hearing screams now) I've used this cleaner before with acceptable results and I only paid a buck for the tie. If it doesn't work out, I'll live.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.