1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Follow-up on Tie Cleaning

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by KevinR, Mar 23, 2005.

1. KevinR

KevinR Well-Known Member

Looks I had some success here.

What happened was that I got a bit of salad oil on a tie. Not alot, but enough to make a slightly noticable mark. I didn't want go to the dry cleaners with it. Reading this forum and AA has scared my off.

I took Andy's advice on the baby powder. I made a paste and smeared it over the mark. After it dryed, I brushed it off and used a baby wipe to clean the area ( If you don't have kids or haven't tried these, you'd be amazed at how many things these clean off). I took a blow dryer and on low dryed it. You could leave it to air dry, but I was anxious to see. There doesn't seem to be anymore mark, so I am quite pleased. Granted it probably wasn't the best tie made, but I really like it.

So thanks everyone for the advice

Kevin

2. AlanC

AlanC Senior member

Yes, they are amazing. Congrats on the tie. I did take a tie to the dry cleaners that I'm picking up today, a Zegna no less. (hearing screams now) I've used this cleaner before with acceptable results and I only paid a buck for the tie. If it doesn't work out, I'll live.