• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Follow the rules in B&S

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you don't, you will be summarily banned from entry barring a $500 fine. There will be absolutely no exceptions, no reprieve, and no appeals, so don't ask. I will not respond to PMs, and neither will anyone else. The only way to get the ban rescinded will be to pay your fine.

Read the rules. There are not too many of them.

Rules typically broken
1) Don't delete any information from a thread, ever Additons, good, deletions (including of previous prices,) bad. If you are doing a price drop, keep the original price up, and write. Now dropped to $X. Don't delete pictures either.

2) Don't write anything that is in direct violate of any other site's terms of use in the thread. So, no advertising personal payments or surcharges on Paypal payments.

Any questions?

Oh, right, the first victim is dmash. He now owes $500, payable to styleforum dot financial at gmail dot com

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I had noticed a lot more people asking for personal payments and wondered if the policy had changed. Good to know.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
This might sound stupid, and I don't think I'm guilty of it, but can it be assumed that it is currently safe to delete any information from an active listing that violates point #2?

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I called a retailer and they said they wouldn't take a return of an item I purchased a couple weeks ago. I posted up the thread and then got a call back 15 minutes later and said they would make an exception to take the return. This was literally all in 15 minutes. What good would it of done to leave that thread up that I just created when I'm now returning the item? Not like somebody bought the item and a transaction happened. I thought that would be silly and just edited the thread to say 'delete' instead as somebody might see the thread and wonder why it was closed within minutes of posting.

You're going to completely ban me from buying and selling on B&S because of that? Wow.

Last edited:

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score

I called a retailer and they said they wouldn't take a return of an item I purchased a couple weeks ago. I posted up the thread and then got a call back 15 minutes later and said they would make an exception to take the return. This was literally all in 15 minutes. What good would it of done to leave that thread up that I just created when I'm now returning the item? Not like somebody bought the item and a transaction happened. I thought that would be silly and just edited the thread to say 'delete' instead as somebody might see the thread and wonder why it was closed within minutes of posting.
You're going to completely ban me from buying and selling on B&S because of that? Wow.

This is marsupialed. Context is kind of important, Fok.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess no point in me arguing this as there will be 'no exceptions, no reprieve, and no appeals'.

Whatever. I really liked SF but this is ridiculous to ban me and demand a $500 fine especially when I've been a member for quite some time and it was something that silly. That's a great way to keep members that are quite active in your forum. Hell, ban me for a couple weeks and tell me to take that time to refresh my knowledge of buy and sell. I'd probably be mad about that as well, but your point would be legitimate and I would understand.

Last edited:

Dairy Phobic

Reaction score

oh wow I thought op's last statement was a joke

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Getting back to the "personal payment" part:

So in the future if we want buyers to pay via PayPal we should just say "$50 via PayPal" and leave the "gift" or "4 percent" part until the PM'ing back and forth?

Edit: I'm cool with all the rules. The best part about B&S is the level of trust, because everything is transparent.

Last edited:

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

"surcharges on Paypal payments"

Sorry, but what is this referencing?

edit: basically, I am asking what Peter1 is aksing.

i think he's basically saying. include the 4% on your listing price. don't ask for the additional 4%. and no requesting gift payments so that both parties can be protected

Last edited:

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you shouldn't be violating PayPal's rules, so if you're selling or buying an item, the transaction should be for goods and should not be done as a gift payment at all, whether you discuss it publicly or not

WhoKnewI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i think he's basically saying. include the 4% on your listing price. don't ask for the additional 4%. and no requesting gift payments so that both parties can be protected

ah okay thats reasonable thanks.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If we post a thread with multiple items in it, we can't delete pictures of items that have sold?

Just write "SOLD" next to the item, or close the listing, and start a new listing, if it is getting cumbersome.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics