• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Follow the rules in B&S

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

i just don't really understand why you guys are so set on building a database of information to help future sellers when the search features are nonexistant at best.

We are working on search. If the database is not easily searchable, however...

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Too radical. Your plan will never work.

You, you may say
I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will live as one

--John Lennon

Swiss

Reaction score
Somewhat related:

When will I be able to make a listing in that section? I've bought 2 items already and would like to sell items as well..

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It says in the rules when you can make listings...

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It says in the rules when you can make listings...

^Swiss posts in a thread titled 'follow the rules' without even reading the rules. :lol:

Last edited:

Swiss

Reaction score
Wow, how the hell did I miss that?
ffffuuuu.gif
Sorry guys

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Also, how long do we have to keep pictures that are hosted externally?

You can take down pictures from external sites, of course. Our system will be able to cache a copy so that the listing is not rendered useless. Please do not actively delete photos though. If a listing is closed, simply close it.

Recently I've been just using img tags when posting my listings and putting in the imgur link rather than using your uploader because the classified post editor does not have the image icon so it's way more convenient. In this case, I'm not sure that you will have an image cached? Otherwise, a seller currently has to post the listing and then go in and edit it to add pictures in the body of the post. I have been deleting images from my imgur account after sold, but I haven't changed any of my classified listings (I think imgur still retains the copy for a while anyways... but who knows how long once you delete it).

I looked at some of my old listings and it didn't cache the images, Fok. I don't want to get in trouble when I'm trying to follow the rules. Would it be possible to fix the post editor in the classifieds so that it has an option to add images to the listing?

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You can do this already -- just click 'edit details' up top, rather than the usual edit button at bottom.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

You can do this already -- just click 'edit details' up top, rather than the usual edit button at bottom.

Like I said it's an extra step... then you miss out on all the views from people who look at your item when it's at the top spot while you're busy editing the listing to add pictures.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads