1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Follow the rules in B&S

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, May 7, 2012.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

My high school was 1 block from the Outlaws HQ, which was a pillbox bunker with a single window with lots of bars, and I used to have a direct view of it from the bus stop where I'd catch the bus home after whatever practice or activity. There was a little fish and chips place just across the street where I'd pick up some dinner, and I'd eat, and look at all the cool bikes, which not a single person fucked with - and it was not a great area of town. The captain lived not far away, and there was a sign on the door: "This house is guarded by shotgun three days of the week. You guess which three." Since you are Canadian, you probably know that a lot of the drugs that come across the border are run by the outlaw clubs, though I've heard that a lot of territory has been taken over by Asian and Caribbean gangs since then.

My childhood home was 5 minutes run away from a maximum security prison, which I passed on one of my usual running routes. Routinely, there would be escapes, and public service bulletins on the radio would tell us to please call 911 if we saw an escapee, and ask us, very politely, to not try to apprehend the fugitives. Some of my first martial arts training was with cops and prison guards.

Funny how everything seems pretty normal when you grow up seeing it all the time.

I'm a Queen's grad, btw, and an Engineering alum at that.

2. LA Guy

Dude, we are just going to play this one as safely as possible. What you do privately is not my business, but unless you want to be responsible for paying all our legal fees, we're not going to touch this one. Bottom line is, Paypal can yank the rug from under any of us, at pretty much any time, and there is little to nothing we could do. We get $0.00 of each transaction, so it should not be too difficult to understand our position on this matter. Let's consider this discussion closed unless you want to put at least a few hundred grand in escrow.

3. LA Guy

It's actually very enforceable. Just trust me on this one.

4. mainy

mainy Senior member

Oh yeah, I don't care personally, I don't mess with B&S much anymore, I just don't think it's a violation of their TOS. I'm gonna try to call in tomorrow and find out if they don't stick me on hold for too long, I am pretty curious to get their official take. It's pretty sad that a private website has to be so afraid of a company though that you guys have to make rules like this, it really just shows how out of control Paypal has gotten, especially now that they're acting like a bank when they really aren't. I can't wait to see some of the pending litigation against them hit the courts

5. LA Guy

It's really just best practices. Why would you fuck with someone when there is nothing to be gained, and much to be lost?

6. basym

basym Member

Another attempt to locate how to post an item in the classifieds of SF. This has been asked several times by myself to SF. Some Sort of reply would help.

7. steezy

steezy Well-Known Member

Since your account is older than 45 days you are allowed to post a classified ad.

Just click the "marketplace" link up at the top. After that, just click on the "create a new classified" button.

8. basym

basym Member

Finally thank you

9. ftw90240

ftw90240 Senior member

I read a post from 2012 that gave notice of the new policy for handling bumps (allowing them for any reason, so long as a fee is paid). However, I have yet to locate the specific post entry that says how much the fee is and to whom we make our payments (assume it's a PayPal address). Thanks.

10. LA Guy

Just click the "Learn more about premium sellers program" button.

11. ftw90240

ftw90240 Senior member

Got it. The "here" was a link. I paid the 2 Day Bumper fee. Does it take hold automatically, or do I await a message informing me I can go and bump and bold? Thanks. Don't want to run afoul of any rules.

12. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

You can bump right away; go for it!