• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Follow the rules in B&S

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
1) Don't delete any information from a thread, ever Additons, good, deletions (including of previous prices,) bad. If you are doing a price drop, keep the original price up, and write. Now dropped to $X. Don't delete pictures either.

I'm all for this, but I doubt it's possible to even monitor this.

Last edited:

theyare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The problem with old prices is that it does not show up in the system at all once the classified is closed.

tullytra

Reaction score

Read: PayPal doesn't like it when people deliberately skirt fees by using personal payments when they shouldn't. So don't use SF as a vehicle to break rules elsewhere.

Honest question: is there a larger fee paid when the money is for merchandise? I always just thought it was only a matter of who paid the fees (buyer/seller) as opposed to how much was paid.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Honest question: is there a larger fee paid when the money is for merchandise? I always just thought it was only a matter of who paid the fees (buyer/seller) as opposed to how much was paid.

The fees for merchandise are much higher than personal payments. I think it's 3.5% of the transaction cost.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
For Paypal, I believe it is 4%.
So is it against the rules to state "Price includes shipping in the CONUS. Please add 4% to all purchase prices."?

I think the point is, is that people are asking the sellers to add 4% already into their prices (if they care about it) then you will never need to ask.

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

OJFC its like 2010 again.
What was the impetus for this?
By the way, working on an epic FS thread. :spam:

My Paypal is in the ready position.

I wonder if a transaction went wrong, which brought attention to a specific B&S thread, that caused this mass notice. I am always nervous posting stuff for sale because I don't want to violate the rules and I cannot go through with SF withdrawals.

tullytra

Reaction score

The fees for merchandise are much higher than personal payments. I think it's 3.5% of the transaction cost.

For Paypal, I believe it is 4%.
So is it against the rules to state "Price includes shipping in the CONUS. Please add 4% to all purchase prices."?

Thanks for that. I guess this graphic of fees from their website is what confuses me:

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It used to be great.

Awesome merchandises at steep discount, sold & purchased by generally decent people.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is still great most of the times. But some guys are asking you to break the rules of PayPAl and that just isn't right.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It used to be great.
Awesome merchandises at steep discount, sold & purchased by generally decent people.

Define steep discount. 75%+ off? If so, there's a core group that still offers at that, sometimes more.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We can definitely see if anything has been edited. Sure, you can get away with it. But this is Styleforum, where there is no statute of limitations. If you break a rule now, and 3 months, or a year, down the road, I see the rule violation, you will get dinged for a year old violation, no questions asked. Everything is retroactive to today. So, if you've edited something, edit it back. I can see what you've edited, and how. Restores pictures, etc...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads