1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Folded vs. Wire Hanger

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by kronik, Aug 3, 2006.

1. mafoofan

mafoofan Senior member Dubiously Honored

Fold shirts??? That sounds like a severe pain in the ass.

2. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

i say just fold them all in, push them in and dont iron them when wearing for the Engineered Garments effect.

3. mafoofan

i say just fold them all in, push them in and dont iron them when wearing for the Engineered Garments effect.

Not to state the obvious, but . . . this would not work for me.

4. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Not to state the obvious, but . . . this would not work for me.

But how else will you get your button-down collars wrinkled just so?

5. mafoofan

But how else will you get your button-down collars wrinkled just so?

Wrinkled? Heaven's no. I prefer a gentle rumple.

6. UK2004

UK2004 Senior member

Won't the collars also be flattened if shirts are folded and stacked on top of each other? I guess you have to iron the shirt before use then storing them folded? Most of the time I don't bother ironing my shirts before use, because I hang them to dry and store them on hangers in the closet, which means they don't really get that much crumpled up before I wear them.

That's the problem I take them ut and some the collar just does not look right, I leave the top button undone, do up the second ond and the last one but some of my collars have lost shape, will they reapir when they are ironed?

7. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

^^ won't work for me too. i just dont get the EG aesthetic.

8. Taxler

Taxler Senior member

I have had my shirts folded by the laundry for decades for all the reasons mentioned thus far. However, I have now just started ironing and folding by better shirts, but am looking for some type of shirt "envelope" that would lessen the unfolding that takes place one they get stacked up in my closet. Anyone know of such an "envelope"? See any reason not to do this?

My cleaner puts folded shirts in boxes with a small window that lets you see inide without opening. They come in sizes for 1, 2, 3.. shirts.

9. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Senior member

I get them folded so that they are ready to pack.

Also I request NO STARCH, this way the creases drop out when wearing - or if they have been folded & squashed in a bag, then a simple iron.. In fact I love a good ironing session when ever I get into a hotel!