• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Folded Up Shirt Appreciation

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adagio
I needed a couple of huntin', shootin' and fishin' shirts, so I ordered these from Nialma. The fabric is from Acorn Fabrics Fife range http://www.acornfabrics.com/fife_page.html. This was my first time using Nialma and I am very happy so far. Need to wash them a couple of times to judge if they shrink.
sl372907.jpg

Nice fabrics! Exactly what I've been looking for recently. How do they handle wrinkles? Is the fabric thick and sturdy enough to not be totally wrinkled inside of 5 minutes?

Reaction score
I have also recently taken the Acorn-nialma route for my Game shooting shirts in the Fife and Kendal Acorn ranges. There is absolutely no creasing/wrinkles with them, one of which contains wool and is too soft to wrinkle. The pricing for me was the same as their black label thomas mason shirts, however they are wonderful. May you confirm your pricing Adagio? I like the photographed blue/red/green fabric - very tempted!

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Good to know. Thanks 599! Around what price range can one expect to pay from Acorn for the Fife and Kendal ranges? They don't seem to give any indication on their website.

JT82

Reaction score
For those using Nialma for Acorn fabrics, did you just specify the Acorn range and fabric number in the comments when ordering, or did you email them separately?

Also, can you specify details such as length of collar points?

Reaction score
To place my order I emailed them directly to ask for Acorn fabrics and some other additions. They told me to purchase 3 "black label" shirts on their website (£89 each) in the designs I would like. I then told them the Acorn fabric codes I wanted. It did take almost two weeks after ordering, which is a bit longer than my first order with them.

You should check the price with them because adagio (above) mentioned the price was the same as their premium range. When you buy 3 shirts you get one free, which means I ended up with 4 Acorn shirts for £274.99

I am not sure about the collar points length, sorry.

Best of luck

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I'll check if Acorn sells fabric directly to consumers as I'd love to perhaps bring some in to my tailor depending on the price per yard.

adagio

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 599
I have also recently taken the Acorn-nialma route for my Game shooting shirts in the Fife and Kendal Acorn ranges. There is absolutely no creasing/wrinkles with them, one of which contains wool and is too soft to wrinkle. The pricing for me was the same as their black label thomas mason shirts, however they are wonderful. May you confirm your pricing Adagio? I like the photographed blue/red/green fabric - very tempted!
They had a special offer last month. Two black label line shirts for €149. They had already told me that the Acorn fabric would cost the same as their black label line, (not premium as I said above). I was going order three shirts as you then get one extra free, but I just went for the 2 for €149 in the end, since it was my first experience with them. The fabric took a couple of weeks extra as Acorn did not have the Fife range in stock.

adagio

Reaction score
****, hold on everyone, I just read back through the thread. Apparently Corniche thinks these shirts are in bad taste. Please don't order them. You may offend him if you do. He's been here for two months, so he obviously knows what he's talking about.

JT82

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
Thanks! I'll check if Acorn sells fabric directly to consumers as I'd love to perhaps bring some in to my tailor depending on the price per yard.
I'd be interested to know if they sell fabric directly. Keep us posted!

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They do and can send them in small lengths suitable for one shirt. Email them for price list, quite reasonable

kngrimm

Reaction score
Two relatively new bespoke shirts from Freddy Vandecasteele.

The blue stripe was just picked up at Freddy's, so you can see the difference between a shirt pressed once by the cleaners, and one freshly made.

The plain blue is TM goldline - the striped shirt came from a book with mixed origins.

DSC01685.jpg

DSC01689.jpg

DSC01690.jpg

DSC01692.jpg

DSC01694.jpg

DSC01698.jpg

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kngrimm
The plain blue is TM goldline - the striped shirt came from a book with mixed origins.

What's the advantage of TM goldline over silverline for something like a plain blue shirt? Is there something objectively better about goldline fabrics?

sweep

Reaction score
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow
What's the advantage of TM goldline over silverline for something like a plain blue shirt? Is there something objectively better about goldline fabrics?

Higher thread count. Very nice against the skin.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not exactly Appreciation but folded up stuffed in drawer shirts (I need more space)

Left to right:

01. Austin Reed
02. Lewin Luxury
03. Lewin 100
04. Lewin Luxury
05. Savile Row
06. Nautica, white collar
07. Savile Row
08. Lewin 100
09. Nautica, white collar
10. Nautica
11. Lewin Luxury
12. Nautica
13. Hathaway OCBD
14. Turnbull & Asser, white collar (hidden)
15. Polo Andrew
16. Polo Philip
17. Polo Regent, white collar
18. Polo Regent, white collar
19. Polo Regent
20. MaineBay, white collar
21. Polo Italy
22. Polo Regent, white collar
23. Savile Row
24. Sean John
25. Lewin Luxury

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads