• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Folded Up Shirt Appreciation

jbmarine

Reaction score
Somewhat off topic, but I took most of my shirts to the laundry to have them cleaned and folded as I go back to Chicago in a week and will be taking them with me. Was this a particularly bad idea? I'm beginning to consider kicking myself for not just taking them with me (though it seems sorta nasty) and just having them laundered out there.
eh.gif

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
Holy crap, Hermes bespoke.
I was talking with a Hermes person about Charvet shirts (among other things) not too long ago and she didn't mention a word. Very weird. I'll have to ring her up.

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nope, he's retired this year anyway. I think he'd been at Charvet for a while already when I came. I think the issues at Hermes are more deep-seated than just turnover in the bespoke shirts department, according to the gossip.

It seems that since M. Dumas retired the people running the show are taking the company into another direction...I just hope that the workshop on FSA maintains its standards until after my order is finished.

Now what about those Lanvin pics?

Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff
Those are awesome!

Thank you.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tomasso
I was talking with a Hermes person about Charvet shirts (among other things) not too long ago and she didn't mention a word. Very weird. I'll have to ring her up.
Why weird?

Some more Lanvin shirt pics with a better camera:

pics20080824011rx0.jpg

pics20080824012lg0.jpg

Buttonhole closeup:

pics20080824013ar9.jpg

gj555

Reaction score
First new shirts of the 2008 (pretty late in the season).
From local shirt manufacturer.

shirt.jpg

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Why weird?

Some more Lanvin shirt pics with a better camera:

pics20080824011rx0.jpg

pics20080824012lg0.jpg

Buttonhole closeup:

pics20080824013ar9.jpg

I am sorry, but this is pimptastic.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Did you see the dragon one he had?

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff
Tres hip. That's a beautiful dobby/jacquard. Is it cream or white taken without a flash? What do you intend to wear that with?
Glad to see some here have taste. It's a very light cream. It should go fine with dark suits.

For some reason I thought I ordered it with French cuffs but it came with button cuffs. I can't be sure since it was a bit of an impulse purchase.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Glad to see some here have taste.
If the FNB look is what you are going for, this shirt gets you 2/3s of the way there.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
If the FNB look is what you are going for, this shirt gets you 2/3s of the way there.

Go wear a black suit. If you want to troll me, I'm sure our friends on the more advanced forum are already attacking my choice of cloth.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Go wear a black suit.

Actually, it looks maybe more Austin Powers. Are the cuffs ruffled?

BTW, add the black suit, and you almost have the full FNB. All you need is blue shoes.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Actually, it looks maybe more Austin Powers. Are the cuffs ruffled?

BTW, add the black suit, and you almost have the full FNB. All you need is blue shoes.

Couldn't bring myself to buy them from the EG Kurt Geiger sale. I'm just not upper class.

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Glad to see some here have taste. It's a very light cream. It should go fine with dark suits. For some reason I thought I ordered it with French cuffs but it came with button cuffs. I can't be sure since it was a bit of an impulse purchase.
It's an elegant shirt. Is this an archival fabric or something they have made especially for them? I would rather that had been with French cuffs (Although, let us see the button cuffs). Any way they could send you material or reserve some and, after you wear it three or four times, have them switch the cuffs? Of course that would go well with a dark suit. I envisioned it for mostly casual but frankly, it might be office wear too, the jacquard having become rather popular across the board of late as a "custom" or natty touch.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads