1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Folded Up Shirt P0rn

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Manton, May 23, 2007.

1. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

Two mafoo specials, because you can never have enough blue shirts. On the right, the butcher stripe he had in his avatar for so long; though mine is Testa, not Riva. On the left something Alumo calls "satin" though it is obviously not satin, but a nice slightly textured weave, subtler than royal oxford. Geneva could not get S&G chambray, so this is my substitute for that, and it's not bad.

[​IMG]

2. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

Love the height of the collar - well done.

3. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

looks like a lot of the earlier photos from postings have disappeared-- guess i missed a lot of the newer additions to the thread.

Here are my newest, Emma Willis jermyn street made to measure

[​IMG]

4. sartorialexecutive

sartorialexecutive Well-Known Member

Were these Emma Willis bespoke or Stock Special?

5. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

Does she really do bespoke? To my knowledge, she simply has Rayner & Sturges make all her shirts, and while they seem to do a competent made-to-measure they're not really bespoke, are they?

6. sartorialexecutive

sartorialexecutive Well-Known Member

So are you suggesting they use standard pattern blocks? Because they do not. They produce personal patterns for each client - bespoke in my book.

7. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

So are you suggesting they use standard pattern blocks? Because they do not. They produce personal patterns for each client - bespoke in my book.

OK then. I was not aware of that. By they you mean R&S, not Emma Willis, right?

8. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

well, the folks at EW used my specific measurements to make the shirt and collar to my preference (no tie space/ slight overlap) using the bespoke program, but I considered it more of a made to measure deal since I couldn't appear in london for measurements or fitting. Looking forward to trying on the shirts when I get back to the USA in mid May, see how they turned out (I like the "Savile" style collars a lot!

9. litho

litho Senior member

Is it just me that really dislikes most of the janzten collars posted on here?!

10. anon

anon Senior member

not just you

11. scruff

scruff Senior member

Has alot to do with how the shirts are packaged. Most any shirt will have a straight/flat collar if wrapped in plastic and squeezed into a cardboard box with five other shirts.

12. djtracer21

djtracer21 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

At last. Shirts with nice collars. Excellent.[/quote]

The finamore shirts have very nice collars. Unfortunately I am not baller enough to afford these shirts but can anyone shed some light if Jantzen has a collar style that is similar, or if anyone can give some specs to the finamore collar for 15.5-16 neck size?

This thread is awesome BTW.

13. Film Noir Buff

Film Noir Buff Senior member

looks like a lot of the earlier photos from postings have disappeared-- guess i missed a lot of the newer additions to the thread. Here are my newest, Emma Willis jermyn street made to measure [​IMG]
    That's a nifty blue.

14. upnorth

upnorth Senior member

Has alot to do with how the shirts are packaged. Most any shirt will have a straight/flat collar if wrapped in plastic and squeezed into a cardboard box with five other shirts.

+1. Some of their collars are quite nice. It's just that they don't have those cardboard and plastic stiffeners around the collar like other packaged shirts you buy in stores.

15. Thorn Proof

Thorn Proof Senior member

Are you happy with Hemrajamni? I hjust ordered 3, had them copy an Eton cut-a-way collar with French Cuffs; I'm optimistic but its a maiden voyage.

16. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

....and one more white shirt for work this fall when I return to the states. MTM kiton in a smooth finish white cotton.

[​IMG]

17. Mildly Consumptive

Mildly Consumptive Senior member

For the last year, I've been rebuilding my shirt wardrobe from Mytailor. I have about 14 shirts from them now and, going into spring, I noticed a solid-coloured button-cuffed gap. My latest order aims to fill that. Obviously, I will wear these with everything. Ordered: 28 Mar 09 Shipped: 11 May 09 Arrived: 14 May 09 I think this was the longest an order's ever taken from them, and I attribute it to this being the peak ordering season. First up is a Thomas Mason Silverline end-on-end in a shade called blue milk: [​IMG] [​IMG] Next is a Thomas Mason Silverline fine twill in parchment: [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. scruff

scruff Senior member

For the last year, I've been rebuilding my shirt wardrobe from Mytailor. I have about 14 shirts from them now and, going into spring, I noticed a solid-coloured button-cuffed gap. My latest order aims to fill that. Obviously, I will wear these with everything.

Ordered: 28 Mar 09
    Shipped: 11 May 09
    Arrived: 14 May 09

I think this was the longest an order's ever taken from them, and I attribute it to this being the peak ordering season.

First up is a Thomas Mason Silverline end-on-end in a shade called blue milk:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next is a Thomas Mason Silverline fine twill in parchment:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Very nice. I imagine these are non-fused collars? What kind of interlining was used? I think I might opt for the medium-weight interlining on the next go; the standard is too stiff for me.

19. Mildly Consumptive

Mildly Consumptive Senior member

Very nice. I imagine these are non-fused collars? What kind of interlining was used? I think I might opt for the medium-weight interlining on the next go; the standard is too stiff for me.

You are correct; they are unfused. I went with the medium interlining. I've experimented with the soft interlining in the past, but it is too soft. The medium is perfect for me. There is enough there to lend the collar some structure, but not too much to render it stiff and cardboard-like.

20. joewee

joewee Member

Do you still recommend Ginza Tailor?