Folded Up Shirt P0rn

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Manton, May 23, 2007.

1. Mustapha

Mustapha Senior member

You're looking at their signature hidden panel in the collar - seen when and if you decide to 'pop' the collar on a sunny day to protect your neck.[​IMG] The Asian inspired prints are created by a hand carved rubber block, hand inked and then pressed against the fabric. I suppose you could ask that this not be included but I've never asked. Those cuffs are purely my affectation; and the early James Bond's as well.[​IMG] Forgive the out of focus watch dial - it was that or the fabric, which is a green pin dotty weave. I hope everyone here is well. -Moose [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

damn, aport-- those shirt collars look great. when worn, I'm guessing you have little to no 'tie space' up top, is that correct? really great looking shirts, as all of them I've seen from your geneva orders.

Thanks Foxx! You're correct that the collar has basically no tie space

Andrew, those brushed cotton tattersalls are fantastic. And the collars are great, as everyone has said.

Much appreciated Alan, it's my inner trad trying to break out.

Did your earlier orders have a double button collar?

Double collars on all orders my from Geneva, including the linen BD I jsut placed.

3. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

Funny, they make my spread collars with two buttons, but my buttondowns and tab collars with one. I asked why, and they said it worked better that way. So far as I can tell, it does, at least on me, so no complaints.

4. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

Are you FARMER?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Mustapha

Mustapha Senior member

Hey guys, here's my 'crusin for a boozin' shirt. [​IMG] I'm wearing this to the local taproom tonight. I will look sharp and schoo-weet for the babes.[​IMG] [ok then , my wife] It s a navy twill. I chose it from the Shirtex fabric book at my shirtmakers. The watch is a 30 year old Breitling made for issuance to the Iranian airforce. It's a 'Havanirooz' model. Best, -Moose [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. coolpapa

coolpapa Senior member

Four new spring arrivals from Hamilton. Three button down, one dress shirt with French cuffs. All have French fronts, edge stitching, and thick buttons. There's also a Mimmo Siviglia on the bottom of the stack.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

I like that orange gingham.

8. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

Me too. And the light blue check. I want more gingham.

Does the blue shirt have a light color edge to the collar, or am I seeing things?

9. Golf_Nerd

Golf_Nerd Senior member

[​IMG]

Hello,

I read all the 44 pages and enjoyed. This shirt is my favorite!

On thursday I will order three shirts at Hübscher Masshemden, Ludwigsburg. One of the new shirts will be a rose shirt with white collar and white cuffs.

Why are the cuffs rose? Do you prefer it this way?

Any comments would greatly be appreciated!

10. Master Shake

Master Shake Senior member

Why are the cuffs rose? Do you prefer it this way?
    While I don't know why Nantucket Red ordered his shirt that way, one haberdasher explained it to me as follows: the contrast collar on a new shirt is derived from patterned shirts with detachable collars. On those shirts, the cuffs were from the same fabric as the (patterned) body of the shirts -- only the collars were different. So, if one wants to get a contrast collared shirt, it is more historically accurate/consistent to not change the fabric on the cuffs.

11. coolpapa

coolpapa Senior member

Me too. And the light blue check. I want more gingham.

Does the blue shirt have a light color edge to the collar, or am I seeing things?

You're seeing things.[​IMG] I think it's just the seam that looks lighter in the photo.

12. Pariolino

Pariolino Senior member

Four new spring arrivals from Hamilton. Three button down, one dress shirt with French cuffs. All have French fronts, edge stitching, and thick buttons. There's also a Mimmo Siviglia on the bottom of the stack.

Did you request for the Siviglia shirt to have cheap buttons, or is that his standard?

13. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

Did you request for the Siviglia shirt to have cheap buttons, or is that his standard?

I see our troll doesn't like trocas.

14. Golf_Nerd

Golf_Nerd Senior member

While I don't know why Nantucket Red ordered his shirt that way, one haberdasher explained it to me as follows: the contrast collar on a new shirt is derived from patterned shirts with detachable collars. On those shirts, the cuffs were from the same fabric as the (patterned) body of the shirts -- only the collars were different. So, if one wants to get a contrast collared shirt, it is more historically accurate/consistent to not change the fabric on the cuffs.

Hello Master Shake,

thank you for providing that information.

Mine will be ordered without detachable collar and cuffs (it is not available).

Will I get problems washing them. Because of what is the collar detouchable (to replace?)?

Thanks in advance
    Golf_Nerd

15. speedster.8

speedster.8 Senior member

I see our troll doesn't like trocas.
    I am quite facinated by Trocas [​IMG] The TROCA buttons sure are peculiar, dependent on lighting they go from orange/yellow to pearlescent white.