Folded Up Shirt P0rn

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Manton, May 23, 2007.

1. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

Why do you people pay even rock bottom prices for that shit? Excuse me.

Spoken like a satisfied Charvet customer.

2. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

Spoken like a satisfied Charvet customer.

Oh I know full well I'm being ripped off but I have no illusions. At least I can wear them without feeling embarassed. Between all the delays, the sub par selection of fabrics, and quality... most people would be better served taking the $50 or so odd dollars and burning it in a barrel.

3. Manton

I wasn't trying to imply that you are being ripped off. I had a not so great experience with Charvet many moons ago, but I still respect them. I'm not really tempted to try again, because my local maker satisfies my wants at 1/3 the price. Maybe it's not as good; probably it's not. But it's good enough for me.

4. speedster.8

speedster.8 Senior member

Thanks whnay., saved me 50$ or rather + shipping +10,7%duty +25%VAT.

Have been put of by every example i have seen ...

The simpleton

5. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

I wasn't trying to imply that you are being ripped off. I had a not so great experience with Charvet many moons ago, but I still respect them. I'm not really tempted to try again, because my local maker satisfies my wants at 1/3 the price. Maybe it's not as good; probably it's not. But it's good enough for me.

I didn't think you were, I wish I could find someone locally that produced a shirt half as nice as I recieve from Paris for a 1/3 or even 1/2 the price. If only I lived in NYC, oh well. But when reason permits...it is really silly that I spend close to $600 on a shirt, stupid really but we all have our vices.

From what I've seen Jantzen shouldn't be good for anybody accept for a college student on a tight budget or a man living in a worn out shoe. I don't see why or how people put up with the customer service, no matter how low the prices.

6. jamesbond

jamesbond Senior member

I didn't think you were, I wish I could find someone locally that produced a shirt half as nice as I recieve from Paris for a 1/3 or even 1/2 the price. If only I lived in NYC, oh well. But when reason permits...it is really silly that I spend close to $600 on a shirt, stupid really but we all have our vices.

From what I've seen Jantzen shouldn't be good for anybody accept for a college student on a tight budget or a man living in a worn out shoe. I don't see why or how people put up with the customer service, no matter how low the prices.

Well, i wouldnt mind the dodgy customer service if the shirts actually fit me decent. I gave up on Jantzen a few years ago after maybe 3 shirts. I just couldnt get the damn things to fit me well. Much rather pay $300 for a shirt thats spot on and good customer service.

7. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

This was the first time they made an error on my order, and they made quite a few: no sleeve gauntlet button, placket front instead of plain front, sewn in collar stays instead of removable, so I'll have to cut those. Rather annoying, and I will complain. I did order these fabrics, but it's always a gamble on how they'll look in person. The pictures of these shirts were taken a minute or two after they came out of the airmail package. When I got them home and put them on, they looked considerably better. You will soon seem them in WAYWN.

As far as Jantzen in general, it has allowed to build up a decent shirt wardrobe for a very fair price. The shirts fit relatively well--slim and long enough. Some of the fabrics I've ended up with have been great--my favorite shirt is a Jantzen--and some have been less than stellar. I am very happy I've ordered from them in the past. I just don't know if I'll continue to order from them in the future.

8. Zegnamtl

Zegnamtl Senior member

...... Much rather pay $300 for a shirt thats spot on and good customer service.
    Funny, I have found a local shirt maker that is under 300 (but just). Good fabrics, great fit, but there is something about the shirts that irks me, but I can't put my finger on what it is. It never feels like it is a perfect shirt yet it looks great. It is an unsettling feeling.

9. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

"Why can't you peasants afford to shop at Charvet like me?" [​IMG]

Btw, I am not, nor do I intend to be, a Jantzen customer. I have, however, seen a few of their shirts and I believe they represent a fantastic offer for what they are.

10. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

Oh I know full well I'm being ripped off but I have no illusions. At least I can wear them without feeling embarassed. Between all the delays, the sub par selection of fabrics, and quality... most people would be better served taking the $50 or so odd dollars and burning it in a barrel.
    Pattern matching is the key to a great shirt. [​IMG]

11. HappymaN

HappymaN Senior member

Well I actually own both Charvet and Jantzen shirts, and I don't really see where you are coming from.

Yes, my Charvet shirts get much more wear, but there was definitely a role for Jantzen in my life 2 years ago. I think the fault in your thinking is that you expect too much from Jantzen. Fifty dollars buys an average shirt with good to excellent fit (repeat customers). You just can't go past them for a $50 shirt. Of course, one could scour the internet for discount H&K and what not, but then, fabric selection and sizing is limited. Compare them to other $50 dollar shirts, such as TM Lewin or CT, or your standard Gap and jcrew varieties, and Jantzen is the winner for me.

12. Panzeraxe II

Panzeraxe II Senior member

Jantzen is a pretty sweet deal, no matter what the forum snobs like to think / say.

13. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

Are you speaking from first-hand experience or are you simply judging a few crappy internet pictures?

I own probably 80-100 shirts from most makers discussed in this forum and my Jantzen shirts (when they actually show up) are definitely in the top quartile for quality and fit and easily rank #1 for value. I paid 5 times more for shirts and I feel like a fool for that.

Jantzen is a pretty sweet deal, no matter what the forum snobs like to think / say.
    +1

14. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

You are like a big cuddly teddy bear.

15. Manton

Replacements for two shirts I wore to death, pink & blue end-on-end:

[​IMG]

New collar & cuffs for shirt on the left, new collar for shirt on the right; not sure how often I will actually wear these, perhaps when I feel like dressing up like Iacocca:

[​IMG]

New formal day shirt:

[​IMG]